Friday 8 March 2013

The end of a chapter

 Two luggages and also
Myriads of memories and stories

Hello everyone, oh gosh it's been quite a long time since I last wrote here. But anyway here I am once again at Changi Airport writing this. My flight has been delayed for another 30 minutes so I have more time and thus I can write here! Yay. Now that "holiday" has officially begun I will... Try to write here more often okay hehe. So yup I'm coming back home!

Well although I'm not coming back home for good for I will still come back here for a few events, the next time I'm going back to Singapore will feel different. There won't be school or classes to look forward to, no nerves from assignments and presentations I have to do, no more excitement for some random events. Basically I'm no longer a student. I'm coming back as... A tourist?

But being tourist, I still regard Singapore as my second home. After all I've been studying here for the past 11 years. Writing, creating, forging and living myriads of stories and memories. It's like I've lived here for literally half of my life. So how can I not make this sunny island my second home? Singapore will always have a place in my heart, wherever I go.

How apt that an instrumental version of Home by Kit Chan is playing now...

I can't believe that eleven years have gone by so quickly. It feels like the first time I came here to study in 2002 was just a few years ago. I still remember that day where me and my mum came to Singapore. We took a Garuda flight here in the afternoon. Then my brother and sister fetched us from the airport and I was really excited and nervous at the same time about my time here.

Then I entered primary school in Peitong, then secondary school in Tanglin and last but not least, I just finished my education in SP, soon to graduate. As I'm writing this, it feels like all these scenarios are now playing in my head like a reel tape. Like flashback, a movie that is playing and playing. And this movie will always be in my mind, in my heart.

These 11 years of memories and stories will always be in my heart and in my mind. These years will definitely be the highlight of my life and the best 11 years of my life. I have built a lot of things here. I have built a life that I have lived that made who I am today. And I will definitely bring this wherever I go as I grow up. And become a better person.

Alright, my flight call has been made. I will see you soon in my hometown! :)

No comments: