Wednesday 20 March 2013

Graduate lo!

Hello! Yup I know I'm kind of a few days late since the result was out yesterday haha but oh well here I am! Yup I have received my results for year 3, and I am very happy with it! I passed all my modules with soaring colours haha. Well I'm happy when I received the email on iChat. I can give myself a pat on my back and tell myself "hardwork paid off" :)

With results out, that would also mean that I have (un)officially graduated! Now that my result has secured a place in the graduation ceremony (now that I have a diploma awarded yay!), I just need to wait for the graduation ceremony where I'll be on my graduation gown and feeling happy yay. Ah man, I can't believe I am finished with poly once and for all. And that soon we'll all be graduating. I think the three years have been a wonderful one.

I must say across the three years, my GPA went up and down and down and up and up and UP. I'm glad that at the end of the three years, I have "returned" back to the GPA I got when I entered SP haha. Although I didn't maintain, the hardwork I put for year 3 was enough to pull up my GPA. So I'm really glad that I managed to do so.

As many of you all may know, I'm returning back to my homeland after poly. When I tell people my decision, most of them responded in a shock, and a handful of them never fail to spit out that sentence, which I found rather unnecessary. They would say "Wah you've wasted three years man"

Please don't ever spit that sentence out to me ever.

I really don't think I have wasted my three years. I have enjoyed my three years. I have learnt a lot in my three years. I have done a lot in my three years. I have GAINED a lot in my three years. Most importantly, I am very proud that I took a path I wanted to go to three years ago - only the future knows the future anyway. But I'm glad I took this path, a path I wanted to go and no one else. For then I was sure this path was the path.

Do you really think I have wasted my three years with the GPA (not meant to boast) I have now? If I graduate with a GPA of like 2.0, fine, then I must say I wasted my three years. But no, I learnt a lot and I really don't think I have wasted my time anyway.

Besides I always believe,

The things I gained, learnt and done in the past three years are too precious to be wasted.

I'm just sick of people telling me I have wasted this and that, when they don't know me. When they don't know the path I took and the life I've lived. So well my message is, don't say things that are unnecessary. Just like the good old saying, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all. I have a few friends who are not continuing on the field they studied and I don't tell them "hey! You've wasted three years congratulations!"

Well, life is just too short to not do the things you want to do. If you're unhappy with what you're doing now, change. Do the things you love before it gets too late.

Alright that's all from me tonight. I will talk to you soon! In the meantime,

Happy Graduation To All Year 3s!

2 comments:

purpleskies said...

Well-said Adhi. Live life doing what you love with no regrets! Congrats again for your results! See ya at graduation :)

Adhi S said...

Yeah! (Y) Thanks Syaz, you too! And yes see ya at graduation :)