Saturday 11 May 2013

Sigur Ros Live in Jakarta!

 Sigur Ros JKT
Amazing, beyond words

Once again it's 4:06 AM and why am I here? Cause I want to blog about the most awesome concert I've been in my life and that is yes, Sigur Ros Live in Jakarta last night! It was just a truly amazing concert. I've been to their last year's concert at Singapore but I really feel this concert was better than that one heh. It's just amazing! I can't stop thinking about how awesome it is. If I were to dream about it, I won't be surprised either. I wish!

Anyway yup it's my first time watching a concert here in Indonesia. I really didn't know what to expect. And best part is? I'm watching it alone! Yes since no one at home likes this kind of music, and I know no one here who does anyway hah. And it's my first time watching a huge-scale concert alone as well. It was a good experience. Wasn't bad at all, just that waiting alone can be a bit depressing (lots of delays today) but it's alright.

Best part about watching concert alone: You can do whatever you want when watching the concert without anyone-who-knows-you judging you. If you know what/how I watched the concert, you'll find me a lunatic maybe. But tralala. There's no rule to enjoy music.

But anyway yes it was such an amazing concert oh gosh. I love the setlist, and they played new songs from their soon-to-be-out album Kveikur as well. Which some I've never heard of hehe. Kveikur and Breinnstein are lovely though. Was hoping they play Isjaki but oh well no worries.

And of course the highlight (to me) to Sigur Ros concert is Hoppipolla! And this time round, it's more amazing cause seems like the whole of Istora sang along with Jonsi to the song. It sent shivers down my spine listening to it and singing along at the same time. It's so scary and so good that I cried when the "climax" of the chorus hits. It was just so amazing. Thankfully I have immortallised the (I call it) Hoppipolla moment once again.

It's so amazing. I really hope I can see them perform again one day! :')

And I even got inspired to write a puisi (poem in Indonesian)! Here it is...

Malam ini Indonesia bernyayi
Bersama Sigur Ros di malam yang sunyi
Istora berubah menjadi sebuah mimpi
Mimpi yang selalu ku ingin hidupi
Hidup  ku lupakan
Rasa takut ku ancurkan
Hari esok ku hapuskan
Malam ini Indonesia bernyayi
Bersama Sigur Ros di malam yang sunyi
Istora berubah menjadi mimpi
Mimpi yang tak ingin ku akhiri

And once again,

Here's to to me, the greatest band on earth

TAKK!

No comments: