Monday 7 October 2013

The twenties

 You're off to great places

Hello hello and hello! I know sorry for not blogging on Saturday, the night I would usually leave aside for blogging. But well I decided to blog today. October's moving pretty fine I guess, moving on to the tenth month of the year, slowly and surely. And soon we'll say goodbye to 2013. Then we'll be amazed on how quickly time has passed us by.

Talking about time, I just went to Ko Harry's wedding last night. Well he's someone who works with my brother. And I suppose I came to a realisation that... You know you're growing up when you start attending weddings of people who you know well, or you're close with. Like your family, friends, colleagues and so on and forth. Not "strangers".

You know when you were young your parent would ask you to accompany them to weddings. And when you ask whose wedding? They'll say their name, their relationship to your family and so on. But you'll still end up with a question mark inside your head. Unless of course if this person is related closely to your family like aunts or uncles or so on.

But now that you grow up, you will attend weddings of people that you clearly know so yes.

Recently I've been seeing lots of people sharing blog posts about being in the twenties and growing up etc, be it people's blogs or even posts in buzzfeed. I enjoy reading them not only because I'm in my early twenties, but also I think that it applies to most of us in life. Like you don't have to be in the twenties to apply what's written on the post heh.

Reading these posts have really got me into thinking about my existence too. About my age, and the age of my friends, and other fellow people who are in their twenties. What is the significance of being in the twenties. What's so special, and so on. The twenties, sadly saying, to me, is one of the toughest years of your life. For various reasons.

To me the twenties, like I said once before on my birthday post, is the year where we're in the middle of choosing between the things we have to do, and the things we want to do. And in some cases, the things we promise to do. When reality gave us a call and like tell us "hello time to wake up from dreaming, I'm here waiting for you to be seen"

It's going to be the year you left the school, or academia as I would like to call it, and enter the school of life. The real life, not those you seen on TVs that shape the way you think about what life is. It's different, sad to say (ha ha). And when you step into it, you'll be shocked, amazed and puzzled by this "real life" that you start to go in denial. Just kidding, I'm just being dramatic.

But yeah, you seem to can't accept life as the way it is.

Perhaps you will start to pile up regrets after regrets in your head. You'll blame yourself, you'll blame others to make it better. But no it won't. Whatever happened, has happened. There's no way you can turn back time to rectify whatever you want to rectify and so on. You can only make do with what you have now, and work well to get what you want.

I saw this on TV a few days ago. Like the rice has turned into a porridge, so what do you do now? Eat the porridge! Don't waste the porridge away. Hahaha

Of course this doesn't apply to everyone. I know some individuals who know what they want to do, choose the path they want to be and at the end of the day, ended up at the destination they want to be in. And good for them!

The twenties may seem daunting but I suppose at the same time, it is the years where we explore. We'll go to places we never been before, try new things, do things we hate, enjoy things we love and so on. Perhaps the years we find our love and soulmate and then settle down and so on an forth. I suppose it is daunting at the beginning. But sweet in the end.

And remember, only us, can make it a sweet ending.

Alright, that's all for tonight. I just want to share my feelings with you and I hope you enjoy reading the post above. Here's to a fanta-bulous second week of October for everyone! You're off to great places, you're off and away!

No comments: