Friday 22 November 2013

Shining Light


 This universe is so huge!
We're just tiny little things
Yet there's so many things
We can do, and become

Just now I had a really depressingly beautiful time. It was a clear night, stars were shining and the 3/4 moon was shining bright too. Little clouds were spread along the sky and we decided to head for the mountain. I took my camera with me, and my tripod, hoping to catch a beautiful scenery of my hometown from the top. I set up my tripod and camera and when I switched it on, two words sent shiver down my spine, and killed off my excitement.

My camera screen says "NO CARD"

It was so depressing really! I was transferring some files last night and you know I usually rushed off to sleep and forgot to take my memory card out of my laptop. Ah well, lesson learnt of course. But well whenever this kind of situation happens, like when there's a beautiful scenery but I don't have a camera with me, I just simply told myself that well, I'm thankful that I got to witness something like this with my own eyes. Though sadly I couldn't capture it.

The stars were so amazing tonight. The moon was shining bright on the clear night sky and it's so pretty. It was so quiet and all I could hear was just the rhapsody of frogs and crickets. I looked up at the sky, glittered with sparkling diamonds. And I felt really really small.

Whenever I'm at an open space, be it an empty field, or beneath the clear blue sky, or like just now, below the starry sky, I feel really insignificantly big. I was looking up just now and there were so many stars. And it made me think that I'm just one tiny living thing on this universe. I feel that we're just this tiny planet in such a huge, yet-to-be-discovered-more universe. And it feels pretty amazing to be "small" and "tiny". It gave me hope and joy.

We might be small but I feel really wonderful. Although we may seem small, but I truly feel the power that anything and everything can happen to us. I feel the bright warmth of our capabilities - of the things that we can actually do in life. And it feels pretty amazing to have such feelings really. To realise the things that can happen to us, the things we can do, and the people we can become. Yet, we're just one tiny little thing in this universe.

So one day if you feel like a poop, remember this! So many things we can do and become!

Alright that's all for tonight. Feeling pretty amazed tonight. Hope I can feel like this, everyday! :)

No comments: