Sunday 3 November 2013

Those nights

 Time

I was just listening to Golden Lotus by Asiabeat from the Buddha Bar III album. The song reminds me a lot of nights in Singapore. Because well, it's kind of a silly reason but anyway, I miss those nights in Singapore where I would turn my TV to Vasantham Central just to listen to their off-air songs from 12 AM/1AM onwards. And sleep.

Although eventually I found out that the songs are from Buddha Bar III album and I bought the album via Amazon too cause it was rare. Even though I already had the songs back then and could listen to it via my iPod, I still preferred to listen tot hem via Vasantham central. Silly reason, but I just love doing that. The feeling of knowing that the night is no longer young and the silence and calmness of the night begins to creep in with the songs.

Same goes for Channel Newasia off-air music too. Which sadly till now I can't find the songs used by them, which are really really nice! I even recorded my favourite.

It now seems and feels really silly to know that back then I would literally switch on the TV just to listen to these songs. But I really miss those nights more than ever now. Back in those days where I can actually just chill and wind down at night by listening to these songs, although I was, or wasn't dreading tomorrow. It's pretty much liberating and calming.

Life is pretty much different now. The comfort of the past is always welcoming to me.

Anyway, November is here now, we're left with like 58 more days to the year and time seems to fly faster and faster. I suppose it feels right to feel that time seems to fly faster as we grow older? Maybe because as we grow older we begin to appreciate and to feel the presence of time, unlike when we were young when time seems to be non-existing.

2013 has so far been an ever-changing journey for me and I'm not sure how to feel about that. I suppose like what Hercalitus said, that change is the only constant in life. And I feel that when you go against it things will go pretty much difficult for you. So I choose to go with it and flow with it, although at times I feel that it is quite difficult to do so too.

I've always spent the last two months of the year reminiscing and reflecting about the year, how has it been for me and etc. December would be the highlight of this reminisent. And well it's always good to look back, and also to begin looking forward to the new year ahead. In fact I already set some new year resolutions for the upcoming 2014!

Ah well, I suppose tonight is just those nights where I miss the past.

Have a great Sunday everybody.

No comments: