Sunday 24 November 2013

Of travel, adenture and discovery

 Wanna runaway, with you.

Today was definitely a beautiful wonderful and adventurous Sunday! I really had a great time today and I wished my day was longer but anyway I'm really glad that I experienced this date. This Sunday is a special one because I went to Bogor with Ani, Febi and Felix via train! Yup my hometown's train system has just been revived after a long time so now there's an available route from my hometown to Bogor (which is a town between here and Jakarta).

And also this was the first time that I took a train in my own homeland.

We took the 5 AM train, and I didn't sleep at all the night before oh dear. The journey there was really lovely because of the great sights outside and the camaraderie atmosphere inside the train. It was made complete by dangdut music blasting through the speaker haha, though sadly (or thankfully) the electricity of the train got cut off and they stopped playing halfway haha. Was planning to sleep on the way but I got too excited I didn't sleep at all haha.

When we reached Bogor it was 7 AM and we were planning to head to the botanical garden first but it was closed so we decided to have breakfast at a nearby market. Had a delicious chicken noodle with an awesome springy (though a bit undercooked) noodle and the stall was really crowded. It's nice to walk along the market in the morning.

And we spent the morning walking along the botanical garden which is nothing much but trees haha. But I'm pretty awed by the big big trees! They have strong and big trunks that look really grand. I wonder how old are all these trees. We were excited to see the Rafflesia flower but uhh it wasn't there for some reasons. So we ended our walk and headed for a famous bakery in Bogor called Tan Ek Tjuan. They have some awesome coconut ice cream! 

Our main plan to go to Bogor was to catch Catching Fire so we headed for Botany Square which is a mall in Bogor where the cinema is located. We were rather early again so the cinema wasn't opened yet, but we hang out at Starbucks to get our coffee fix and my sleep-fix too haha. I fell asleep for a good 30 minutes there. And we headed to get the tickets and well just wanna say Catching Fire is so damn good! I went straight to the bookstore to get the final sequel Mockingjay. I regretted not continuing to read the sequel really.

Now I have to patiently wait for a year for the last movie to come haha.

After the movie we had lunch, walked around and then headed for the train station to catch our train back to Sukabumi which was at 6 PM. We reached back at 8 PM and yup, that's how this awesome Sunday come to a wonderful close.

On the way back I was listening to music and I couldn't stop feeling happy, and telling myself what a great day it was. I really enjoy experiencing new things, especially when it comes to traveling. I've been to Bogor, but all I did was to eat. So to go there and explore (kinda) the city on feet, and public transport, at our own will, feels pretty pretty amazing. Today I did so many first times, and revisited a few things. And it's always good to have them.

I took the train for the first time, I sat on the front seat of an Angkot (a public transport here) for the first time, I get to experience how these Angkot work (really interesting, kinda different from my hometown), and of course I get to explore Bogor. I truly enjoy being there. Being at the moment, at that place, and just exploring and exploring the new place. Trying new things and just bask in the moment and the day. It's refreshing too.

Well I mentioned in my blog a few times of how much I love traveling. And today I come to a realisation that well, the more you want to experience new things, the more comfortable you will be when it comes to experience more new things in the future. Well basically it means you need to have that wish and want to experience new things if not you'll just do the same old thing. And same old thing is a boring thing. Spice up your life yo.

And of course, travel as much as you can. Because the more you travel, the more open you and your mind will be, and thus the easier it is for you to adapt to a new place. And traveling will broaden out your mind. Sure, the comfort of our homes are more inviting but to me, I think the vastness of the world seems to be more inviting to me!

I really wish I can have more days like this in the future. Exploring new places, traveling with my cousins or friends, and experiencing new things. I want to die knowing I have done a lot of things and experience a lot of new things. Well I suppose the older you grow the more responsibilities you'll have but of course, seize opportunity when you have them.

Alright I guess that's all for now. It's the last week of November oh gosh. Time, where did you go! Alright wishing everyone a happy end to November and remember, travel more! Haha. Have a good Monday everyone :)

No comments: