Sunday 11 May 2014

Mother's Day

 A mother's love, is a language
often misunderstood and misinterpreted
by her children.

It's pretty annoying that my internet is cheating my feeling for the past two days. It was working fine last night but well it died in the morning, and now it's still deciding whether it wants to live or die. So no I gotta see that internet bar if the signal is dead or alive. So I won't be able to publish this, and gotta wait for it to be alive again (if it dies halfway, hopefully not).

So yes it's the 2nd Sunday of May and Mother's Day is celebrated around the world. Except here because we're hipsters and celebrate it on the 22nd of December instead haha. Just kidding, yes we celebrate it in December. And as for me personally, we don't celebrate it. Like we don't buy cakes and make cards for my mother. We do it on her birthday more.

Every year without fail, my social media feed is filled with people wishing a happy Mother's day to their mothers and to all mothers around the world. And it's pretty heartening to see photos of themselves with their mothers in the present or in the past. So sweet! Sadly my mum doesn't like her photo to be taken so we rarely take pictures together except for special events like weddings or CNY etc haha. But it's alright, I don't like the take photos of myself either.

Anyway, and without fail also, there are those people who'll post "Today is not mother's day, everyday should be a mother's day!" which I totally agree. But wouldn't it be so creepy to tell the world how much you love your mother everyday hahaha. Well I take it that this day is really a day dedicated to all mothers out there, but especially your mother.

And I take this day as a day where we sit down and contemplate to ourselves about our mother. The strong lady who brought us up till today. Who had to carry us in her womb for 9 torturous months and then bring us into this world and raise us till today. Please, that's like the toughest job you can ever ask for haha. So salute to our mothers!

So take today as a day where we think about how we can pay back our mum's hard work to make us who we are today. That's why we use this day to give her cards, cakes and cook for them etc, to tell her specially how much we love them. Because we are so busy everyday that we forget this fact, to be thankful for them. So there is today, a day where we do that because we might forget to do it every other days because we're really busy with work.

Well I'm pretty sure my mum won't see this but well I am really thankful for my mum too. She's caring, wise and definitely a strong lady. She's a great cook, and I will never forget the things she did for me when I was in Singapore and up till today. Living away from your mum for a long time has really made me appreciate her more and more. Although we're back together now, I miss those phonecalls she made when I was still in Singapore.

And without fail she will ask me: "Have I eaten?"

That, to me, are the three most powerfully lovable and caring words a mum can utter.

For Asians HAHAHA.

Yes my mum nags a lot at times, but she nags because she loves me haha, that's what I always believe in since young. As we grow older, we grow smarter. And our ego made its way and we feel we're more "righteous" than our mothers. We rebel against what she told us to do simply because we feel we're "smarter" than her. And yes I'm guilty of doing such things too. But most of the time, mum is always right! Seriously hahaha.

So well I feel that a mother's love is a language often misunderstood and misinterpreted by her children. It is only until her children have children, that they will understand why. It is important that we respect our parents. Because we can't deny it but our parents have more experiences than us. Instead of rebutting with them, talk to them. That's all we need actually.

To my mum, I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way, and if I ever did something bad to you. Just wanna let you know how much I love you and how thankful I am to you for raising me since I'm a kid! :) It's time for me to pay back my debts to you. So yes, this is one major reason why I decided to return back here. I want to pay the debts I owe to my parents.

Alright I guess that's all for now. Praying that the internet will start working ASAP. Gonna call the technician tomorrow I suppose. Have an awesome week ahead everyone!

No comments: