Saturday 31 May 2014

Come what May

 Those days, chasing the sun.

In a blink of an eye we're already at the last day of May. And fish! I didn't fulfill my target of blogging 9 times a month. Ah well that's bad, but I gotta blame it on the internet hahaha. Having a wonky internet connection for probably almost the entire month of May makes it really annoying to blog. Like I can lose an entire post as I was blogging! But alright I'll make it up to the missing posts. My aim is at least a hundred posts for this year and I think it's do-able.

May has been a great month I must say, and it ended on a rather sweet note on the business side (teehee). I know June is going to be great and July is going to be awesome pawesome! Or is it possum. And to know that we're a mere month away to the fasting month (Puasa month) kinda scares me, time is flying so quickly! Sometimes I just "realise" that May is ending and June is coming. Just shocked at realising how quickly time went by hmm.

Anyway it's been a great week too! Because I went back to Singapore on Monday - Wednesday. It's an awesome three days meeting with my friends, some whom I didn't meet when I was back in January. And as usual catching up with each other's life. We're all busy with our own daily routines, but reminiscing the past and updating each other never fail to make me happy! Feels like I didn't leave Singapore at all. Perks of being someone who studied there for so long.

It's great to meet up with my fellow LEAP friends too! It's been such a long time we have such gatherings and it's great to meet Tony as well. I don't know... I feel like we've all grown up now haha. Although it's been only (only!) three years since we left LEAP camp. I think we're all more matured now, and the things we discuss are really something we wouldn't be discussing years ago. So it feels good to look back on where we've come thus far.

Although well I must say the three days in Singapore felt very weird to me. Co-incidentally it was exactly a year ago that I went back to Indonesia for good. And a year later, I return back to Singapore for a short visit. Walking along the streets, taking the same bus routes I used to take and going to the places I went through last year, made me feel so weird really. I'm astonished by time, and surprised by its pace. But well I feel more happy than sad as I was doing all these.

Singapore will always be a special place for me. And it will always have a place in my heart. Till I die, or till memory fails me.

Alright before I end this post gonna update my music discoveries again!

Great music of May:
- The entire new Coldplay album Ghost Stories
- Bedroom Wall by Banks
- Gin og Greip by Boogie Trouble (Remix 5)
- All of Me by John Legend (yes I'm damn slow!)
- Strong by London Grammar
- Wasting My Young Years by London Grammar

Yup as some of you may know it already, Coldplay released their 6th album "Ghost Stories" in May. Thanks to Coldplay Indonesia and Warner Music Indonesia who partnered together to create a pre-order of this album, I got it on the 29th (if I'm not wrong)! I totally love their new album! Although yes I feel that they toned down a lot this time round as compared to Mylo Xyloto but still loving it. My favourites will be "Always In My Head", "Ink" "O" and "A Sky Full of Stars"

Gin og Greip is actually one of Boogie Trouble's earliest songs. I just discovered their Soundcloud and didn't know the Remix 5 version is free for download. Love that! I can't wait for them to release their album which they awesomely replied to my comment on Youtube (fanboy moment). All of Me, I think like everyone knows that song except for me who just discovered it when I was back in Singapore heh. I must say it's a great song!

Banks is an awesome artist that I'm so glad to have discovered too. Well thanks to Olafur Arnalds who shared one of her songs (Bedroom Wall) on his Facebook page, I clicked on it and straight away went to iTunes store to get her whole EP haha. Bedroom Wall is such a brilliant song. I love it! Very sexy (both musically and lyrically heh). And I got London Grammar's album as I was shopping in Jakarta. Finally, after months of going to CD store and "sorry we're out of stock". I love London Grammar. Hannah's voice is so angelic and lovely.

Alright that's all for my music discoveries! Here's to more music in June! I know there'll be more cause Passenger is releasing his new album in June too (yay!) and a few more artists, which I forgot who heh. More updates soon on end of June! See ya :D

No comments: