Thursday 22 May 2014

One Year On

 One year on
I like this photo a lot! Thanks Kian Tat for snapping this

Today is the 22nd of May, thanks to Saeyeoh for tagging me on Instagram cause I totally didn't realise that it's been a year since we graduated from SP! Well well my life has been very different obviously, and the past few days have been very busy for me so I totally forgot the date. Can't believe it's been a year! One long year, with so many different things happening.

I totally did not expect that I would land where I am now. What I am doing, well life's full of surprises and so this is one of them. Whatever things that I have planned and imagined as I was still in poly didn't happen at all. Except for the part that I would go back home. I'm home now, and I'm helping my parents as promised. Nope I'm not doing anything biomedical related. I'm doing something even more awesome - floral related! Well I've learnt so much from my friends, the flowers.

I've always looked back on my journey back in poly and up till this day I have no regrets with the path I chose back 5 years ago, when I decided to join SP through DPA. Along the way, this past one year, part of my heart is pinched because I told myself that I could have joined this course and that course. Well obviously I couldn't because I'm a Biomedical Science diploma holder now. And nothing can change that fact. And hell yeah I'm very proud of it!

It seems so funny and awesome at the same time that a year ago I was in my graduation gown in SPCC receiving my diploma, and then having so much fun taking photos with my friends and lecturers. A year later I'm back home, and today wasn't a great day because something bad happened oh dear. But it's okay everything's good and well... Shit happens haha. But it's okay, we can fix it I suppose. So everything is good. We can't revert it anyway.

Along the way home just now I was just staring at the window about how much things have changed. And how quickly time has passed us by, a year ago I was still in Singapore and a year later I'm back home. I would lie if I say I have fully let go of my days in Singapore because almost everyday, I would think back about those days, reminiscing the past and just having a good time. Studying in Singapore was definitely an experience I will never forget. And it will definitely be the most treasured experience of my life.

And polytechnic will be the best years of my life too. I suppose it's the years where I understand life more so I'm trying to live it to the fullest. So yeah, it's been a year since I left polytechnic but the lessons I've learned and the experience I went through still stick to me like an ionic bond between sodium and chlorine in salt. So strong, unbreakable and powerful.

Ah well, I'm interested an eager to know what I'll be doing a year later on this special date.

Who knows.

No comments: