Saturday 7 March 2015

Discovering Music

 Easy Yoke by Favela

I've been into discovering new music these days, via Youtube! Well Youtube has always been a great platform to discover new music. Be it through my "recommended" tab on the homepage, or the related videos tab beside the video I'm watching. Some random clicks can lead to a discovery of epiphany!

And of course like I've mentioned in my "great music" posts, I discovered quite a lot of great, new music from channels like MrSuicideSheep, MORindie and Majestic Casual. Recently I discovered this awesome song called Easy Yoke by Favela through a "Swim High" mix by MORindie with Doofy Doofus (you can find it here). Gosh I just fell in love with that song! Such a nice feel to it. And also I just spent the rest of the night listening to that mix while doing stuff. Pretty relaxing.

So yup after finding these mixes, which you can find A LOT in Youtube, I spent the past few nights clicking through the mixes made by people to discover some great music. I purchased the nice ones and I've been having eargasms every night hah. Sounds wrong.

Since young, I've always loved listening to music at night. I can't wait to have my own house and buy a good sound system and play music at night while doing work. Well now I'm kind of doing that, just that I'm using a headphone and I play music through my laptop/iPod. Been reading up about audiophiles too, about amplifiers and DACs and great headphones. Well I haven't tried any of these yet, perhaps one day I will. I suppose being an Audiophile is a long-term investment kinda thing. It's expensive in the beginning, but you can carry on this hobby for a good long year ahead (with good care).

And talking about audiophile stuff, I'm really tempted to get a good pair of headphones... Not that my headphone is spoilt or anything but... I want better quality of music blasting through my ears haha. Currently using an Urbanears Humlan, which is a pretty stylish headphone with a good sound quality. I used their Plattan before this and was pretty happy with the sound quality.

Been watching headphone reviews and stuff on Youtube and now I'm hunting on a few headphones! Thanks to MKBHD, uravgconsumer and Lachlan Likes A Thing from Youtube :P I'm looking at Audio Technica ATH-M50X or their limited edition MSR7. And I'm also looking at Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, or V-Moda Crossfade. And I don't have to worry about where I can get it cause... There's Jaben Indonesia! :D But oh well whatever the case, I'm a bit dilemmatic too cause I'm trying to save up my money and I'm abstaining from buying stuff. Battling the need vs want inside of me.

I mean I don't necessarily need a new headphone as my current one is serving me well still. I just want a better headphone (oh dear!). But well we'll see I suppose!

Alright hope you enjoy Easy Yoke by Favela, embed above! Let's discover more music :)

No comments: