Saturday 28 March 2015

Heavy Rain

My hometown has been pounded by heavy rains for the past week. The morning till the afternoon is usually a sunny and hot period of the day. And then in the evening, we'll be pounded by rain. Today was crazy, it was raining non-stop for 3.5 hours! It started raining at about 7 PM, but it was just a normal rain. And then at 7.30 it started raining heavily and it didn't stop till about 12 AM.

To be honest the rain was pretty scary. It was pretty heavy and it's a rare sight to experience such heavy rain. Reading from the news here, apparently March is the highest peak of the rainy season and that sunny days are coming our ways. Then... Another news source says that April is the month with the highest peak. So I'm not sure which one to believe heh. But anyway, let's just hope that tomorrow will be a sunny day! It's been too long since we enjoy some warm sun here.

Anyway today I went to the farm in the evening. I went alone with one of my workers. After dropping him off at the place he is spending the night at, I was driving around my hometown on my own. I'm still not hyperly confident of driving alone but well thanks to the drizzle the road was kind of empty. Inside the car I was blasting my favourite music. It was heavenly! Heh.

It truly reminds me of my days in Singapore, traveling on buses and MRT listening to my favourite music. These are some of the moments that I enjoy the most while in Singapore. Getting lost in my own train of thoughts, be it reminiscing or thinking of the present and future. And I realised that I never do this anymore here. I mean... I don't listen to my iPod while traveling from one place to another here in my hometown. Unless when I'm driving alone I suppose?

Well I do miss these moments but I'm still thankful that I get to enjoy my favourite music in the comfort of my room every night. I do miss these moments of solitude though.

No comments: