Tuesday 24 March 2015

Late Resolutions?

It's day 83 of the year, and guess what? I just wrote my 3rd resolution of this year like... Last night!

This year, I tried doing something new. Unlike the usual tradition of spending some time thinking about my new year resolutions on year-ends, and then writing them down on the first day of the new year, this year I wrote nothing. I thought of no resolutions as 2014 came to an end, and I wrote no resolutions as 2015 began. But instead, I thought to myself to actually come up with resolutions as the year goes by.

Perhaps it's a better way to stick with your resolutions, and accomplish all of them? Maybe, you never know until you try right. And so far I've been sticking with them so that's a good sign.

Just like 2014, the beginning of 2015 felt like a blank, white canvas. I didn't know what to expect of this year, I didn't know how I want this year to be like. I do have hopes and aspirations of course. Hmm maybe the huge difference in 2014 is that... I was really determined to go to Iceland. And I did go teehee. In 2014, I came up with a list of resolutions on its first day too. That's another difference.

So here are my resolutions so far, and how I plan to achieve them/what I've done so far:

1. Be more organised
My room has been a mess last year throughout, no joke. But this year with the mini renovation in my room, I've decided to give it a new life. Thanks to the new additional compartments now, my room feels less messy. And I've also bought small plastic drawers to keep my essential stuff organised. And guess what.. I finally have a table. Like a fully functioning, clean and neat one where I can do work. 

2. Do simple workout everyday (inspired by Cameo Project BIJI!)
I think this is like the resolution of most people every year. I have no more excuse because I said the same thing last year, and it failed! Anyway I subscribed to this Indonesian Youtube Channel called Cameo Project and they have this new video series called Project BIJI aka Badan Ini Jadi Indah aka this body will become nice, where they do a workout set everyday to achieve a great body! But well I modified it into a rather simple workout after doing some research and I just finished my first week.

3. Learn more about Buddhism
Okay so I recently discovered this Youtube channel called The Enthusiastic Buddhist, which is run by an awesome lady called Mindah-Lee Kumar (click here to see her channel)! She provides wonderful and easy to understand contents about Buddhism. I am so so glad to discover her channel because her videos helped me a lot to understand about some contents about Buddhism that I did not understand.

So my resolution is to keep this book which I'm going to call my mini book of Buddhism. And I am going to write whatever I learned about Buddhism be it via her channel, or some other sources online (or books). Well I really regretted not signing up for the Diploma in Buddhism at Mangala Vihara when I was still in Singapore. But well, regrets come too late, so I'll start here instead! :)

So yup. So far here are my 3 resolutions for this year. I do have some resolutions which I carry forward from last year like meditating and going vegan twice a month. Still going on so far so it's awesome :)

Alright I'm gonna stop here for now. Shall update when I come up with more resolutions.

No comments: