Monday 30 March 2015

Third Beginning

Okay I gotta tell you something rather embarrassing. As you might or might not know, I actually started a Tumblr-blog a year ago. It was a blog I mage to post my photos. Well something like seratus-stories but more broader I suppose? I do own a (pretty inactive) tumblr which I made since like 2011 and I could have just used that. But that tumblr is mixed with a lot of stuff from random posts, photos, videos, re-blogs and so on. But this tumblr I created last year is solely used for my photos.

So I started posting photos last year and everything was going smoothly, kind of. Until one day which I forgot to blog for 3 days, then a week, then three weeks, then three months. And I left that Tumblr behind. So after I returned from Iceland, I was determined again to revive this blog. So what happened was I deleted the blog and re-created it. It was basically from scratch. From square one.

And the last time I checked that blog this year, the last post was made in November 2014. So I was feeling so urrgghhh and I told myself this time round: okay no revivals, let's just continue on. And tonight... I just did another revival of this blog. I didn't kill it though, I just deleted some posts and add new ones. So far I've been loving how the Tumblr looks. Let's just hope that I can continue this.

So ladies and gentlemen I present to you: cloudsofsunday.tumblr.com!

Clouds of Sunday is basically a blog that shows the photos I took. Doesn't necessarily be from 2015 (unlike my other project seratus-stories). Basically my favourite photos, from the past to present. 

Anyway moving on to another topic, it's the last day of March tomorrow! Can you believe it! I was reading my posts from last year and I wrote for March - that it felt like a really slow month. But this year it feels different. This year... March feels pretty quick! Maybe it's because of the increase in daily activity that I'm having now? Or perhaps because I am filling it with more interesting stuff too.

March has been wonderful, and I know April is going to be Awesome too!

Alright, time to share with you the awesome music I discovered in this month! A lot of music.

Great Music of March:
- Easy Yoke by Favela
- So Many Reasons by Sometimes and Andrea Britton
- Reminiscence by Olafur Arnalds and Sara Ott
- I Gave it All by Aquilo
- Blue by Marina and The Diamonds
- Breathe by Rhodes
- First Light by Racing Glaciers 
- Crystals by Of Monsters And Men
- Nevermind The End by Tei Shi (Saint Pepsi Remix)

Song of the month: Easy Yoke by Favela

Okay I don't even know where to begin, but March has been a month of great music discovery! The above are just one title from the artists, and I have a few favourite ones from them! Okay I shan't talk about Easy Yoke as I've blogged about it last time. So Many Reasons by Sometimes and Andrea Britton is another song I discovered from Youtube and I just love the beat of the music. It is kind of hypnotic and addictive hah. I listen to it on weekend nights. Feel good music definitely.

Olafur Arnalds and Sara Ott released an album called "The Chopin Project" in which the two of them play Chopin music with their own twist. I am very amazed by the distance that they go to produce this album. I saw from Olafur's Facebook page how Sara and he went on piano hunting around bars in Reykjavik, and also making some adjustments on the piano to look for the sound they want. And the album is overwhelmingly beautiful, especially the song Reminiscence. If Chopin is still alive today, I am pretty sure that he will be proud of the two of them. Kudos to Olafur and Sara! 

First of all I have to send my thanks to Brenda for introducing me to Aquilo's music! She asked me if I've heard of them and I have heard of the name somewhere before but I haven't heard their music. I gave it a listen and oh gosh I fell in love with them! I Gave it All is definitely my favourite from them. When I first discovered this song, it was on repeat for 3 nights in a row haha. Thanks Brenda for the intro!

I discovered Marina and The Diamonds while streaming Shura's new single "2Shy" on this website which I forgot (oh dear). I love her songs as they sound really upbeat and colourful. The title of her new album, Froot, definitely suits the songs inside. As for Crystals, it is OMAM's new music from their soon-to-be-released 2nd album: Beneath The Skin! I've been eagerly waiting for their new songs as I've been following them on Instagram, where they showed the recording process etc. And well, the waiting definitely pays off. I just can't wait to listen to their whole album now.

Rhodes and Racing Glaciers are another two whom I discovered in Youtube! I love Rhodes' music a lot. They are hauntingly beautiful and I just love his lyrics. Racing Glaciers is another band that I recently discovered and I love their style as well! Not sure what to call it... Well it's definitely indie-rock. But they do have some electronic elements too. Nevertheless I enjoy their songs as well because it is pretty upbeat! First Light is definitely an awesome song from them.

Last but not least, Nevermind the End by Tei Shi (Saint Pepsi Remix) is another song I discovered from the MORindie channel in Youtube. It is in the same mix as Favela's Easy Yoke. The song is a pretty chill song which I enjoy listening to at night. Hmm I've been into chill and slow music lately, not sure why. But they are so nice to listen to every night. Quiet and cold nights.

Alright these are some of the great music I discovered in April! There are more songs I discovered but I decided to stop here. I wonder what April and the rest of the year has in store for me! Oh yes I will blog about something special related to music tomorrow. In the meantime I hope you've had a great March, and keep on discovering new music too people! Have fun :)

No comments: