Wednesday 18 March 2015

Words Written

I've been writing a lot these days... Well not a lot, but I write often. Not stories and stuff but lyrics of a non-existent song, poems and short writings basically. I've always wanted to write a song but somehow it always ends up either being too cheesy or too vague. But no worries, I'm just doing this for the fun of it. It's therapeutic and also it gets your thoughts flowing through like a river.

My inspirations come from the new artists I discovered the past few weeks. The lyrics to their songs are just so beautiful, I really wish I can be as easily-inspired and I wish that my thoughts can flow as easily as theirs. Well of course I believe that their ability to do this is contributed to the years of experience that they have. Or well they're just talented since birth.

Sometimes I write about random things, sometimes about a thought that I have throughout the day. Most of the time I write about my feelings though. I think it's both easier and tougher (ironically) to write your feelings out in the form of poems/short writings. To me great songs are those that make a connection to your heart. It's like whenever you listen to these songs, you can just -feel- it right away. Some songs take time to develop this connection. But great songs connect right away.

I used to love writing stories. I wonder where did my love for writing go to.

No comments: