Thursday 9 April 2015

Busy Book

Hey everyone, just a really short update. The reason why I haven't been updating for so long is because... I've been busy the past week! Anyway the story goes like this. My sister has a printing order to print this mini book which consists of Buddhist and Chinese literature teachings. And since no one in her printing shop can read Chinese, she asked me if I can "re-create" the book in computer so that she can have the file. And of course I gladly help her.

So yup I've been busy transcribing Chinese words into MS Word and stuff. The most challenging part of this task is that the Chinese words are in traditional Chinese. Which is something I'm kind of familiar with but not fully! So I have to rely on Google Translate to change the words from traditional to simplified, where I can then know the hanyu pinyin, and then back to traditional Chinese.

Pretty tiring and troublesome process but no worries! I'm done now :D

Still left with proof-reading the document, and then we gotta meet the man in charge of the book to give him a look of the words and stuff.

The past week just made me so so glad that I don't have to learn traditional Chinese.

Till then! I will update more when I'm done :)

No comments: