Sunday 12 April 2015

Qing Ming (Last Week)

Okay so as promised I am going to do several late-posts. A week a go my family and I went for Qing Ming AKA the annual visit to my grandparents and great-grandparents cemeteries. I love Qing Ming - the part where the family gathers, and also because the cemetery is located in this beautiful location overlooking the lower part of my hometown. The view is pretty awesome I must say.

Though it came as a shock that someone is building a freaking warehouse right beside my grandparent's graveyard. Like wow dude you've got balls. Well as long as it doesn't hinder and it doesn't damage my grandparents' graveyard, I'm fine with it. But seriously though, who would build a warehouse beside a cemetery. Well, we have that guy heh. Mixed feeling about the building.

Qing Ming always comes in with some surprises. For example I discovered that the late Mr Lee and I shared the same ancestral village! So our ancestors came from Tai Bu village in China's Guang Dong province. I would love to be there one day! :) Sometimes thinking about my ancestors and where they come from etc sends shivers down my spine. You know, just imagining the kind of life they were living a few hundred years ago and stuff. Pretty amazing isn't it.

Anyway today was quite a sad day for me... Because I discovered that half of our tomato plants just died! Well we plant them without the use of any pesticides and chemicals so... They are very prone to pests. Today I learned why organic food is super expensive. To trade for health and purity, we need to prepare for the sacrifice of failed crops. We are replanting the tomatoes anyway so I hope the next planting will be a successful one. We're adding more fertilisers.

Alright stopping here for a while. I promise I'll blog more to make up for my absence! :)

No comments: