Wednesday 29 April 2015

Lost in Time

 Telisik by Danilla

Whew, today has been a very very happening day. But well, I suppose it is a sweet ending to April. A month that to me, seems to fly so so fast. It didn't feel like a month has passed. It felt like... 2 weeks have passed, within these 29 days. Perhaps I was really busy, there's always something that I have to do everyday. People to meet, things to settle, this and that. But well, it's ending well! :)

It's like 4:40 AM now and I just finished doing some work. I discovered a wonderful female singer from Indonesia who has become a new favourite singer of mine now! Her name is Danilla and I just bought her debut album, Telisik, which arrived today! So I was just listening to the album while doing work just now, and it felt heavenly. Love her voice, and it's a perfect accompaniment for the late night.

I love the night, as you know it. It feels so blissful to be in the silence and calmness of the night, listening to wonderful music, and watch time goes by. It's like... I started doing work at 3:30 AM and when the whole album finished, it was already 4:15 AM! I was just pretty engrossed with the music and work I suppose, that I didn't take note at the amount of time that has passed by.

Anyway, it's the end of the month. Time to share the music I discovered in April!

Great Music of April:
- Hermes by Hayato Hirose
- Icarus by Madeon
- The City by Madeon
- Turning Back Around by Rhodes
- The Lakes by Rhodes 
- Dancin (Krono Remix) by Aaron Smith 
- Swim Deep by Brolin
- Ada di Sana by Danilla
- If You Don't Mind by Lightcraft
- Untuk Perempuan Yang Sedang Di Pelukan by Payung Teduh

Song of the month: Dancin (Krono Remix) by Aaron Smith

Hermes is actually one of the two set pieces for this year's concert band SYF! It is such a sweet but grandeur music and I think the kids in this year's SYF are pretty lucky to be able to play this for SYF.

I discovered Madeon through Brenda and he just released his new album called Adventure! Pretty much love the vibe and energy of the songs in this album! Feels very fresh and uplifting to me, makes me wanna go for an Adventure :P Rhodes also just released his new EP Turning Back Around and I love all of his songs in this EP! My favourite would be Turning Back Around. I can't wait for his album.

Dancin (Krono Remix) by Aaron Smith is such an addictive song! I actually discovered this song like last year I think, through the channel The Sound You Need. But it is not available for download in Soundcloud or iTunes. But then I discovered that it is available in iTunes on the 19th of April! So I patiently waited for it. Although strangely, I discovered that it's been there all along (and not released on 19th of April) so... I'm not sure. But oh well whatever the case, I have the song now and I'm addicted.

I discovered Brolin while streaming Soundcloud one night. His song Swim Deep was playing and I was like hmm I love the beat of the background accompaniment and well, I'm hooked! Bought his song on iTunes right away. He also has a song called Reykjavik and somehow it reminds me of my time there.

Alright I haven't really given a proper proper listen to the albums I bought in RSD but these are some of my favourite songs from the albums I got there. The opening music for Lightcraft's album Colours of Joy is a wonderful song and it really made me want to listen to the rest of the album! Untuk Perempuan Yang Sedang Di Pelukan (For the woman who's being hugged) by Payung Teduh is by far my favourite song from them. The rest of the album is amazing as well. Such a beautiful Indonesian talent!

Yup, these are the awesome music that I discovered in April! I am pretty stoked for the next coming months cause so many of my favourite bands/artists are releasing their albums! So many of them, that I decided to create a list of their release dates haha. Alright, I hope April has been a wonderful month for you too! April has marched on, come what May! :P See you soon again.

No comments: