Monday 27 April 2015

Nostal-gila


Okay so somehow somewhat, this favourite old song of mine was playing inside my head last night. It's the famous Johnny Hates Jazz song, Shattered Dreams! I know this song through my late aunt, and together with my cousins, this became our favourite song back then. Although we don't even know what the song was about and what the lyrics are. So yes, it's pretty nostalgic reuniting with this song again.

I know this is kinda embarrassing but we created a dance to that song when we were young.

But anyway, thanks to this one song, I was feeling nostalgic about everything. I began downloading some old songs which I don't have on my laptop now. JHJ songs, and also Breathe's song "Hands to Heaven", which is a song I clearly remember listening to in Gold 90 FM when I was in Singapore. You know back then we have no Soundhound or Shazam. So I had no choice but to wait for the radio DJ to announce the song after that. But sadly this song is always played during off-air haha.

So last night I just Googled the lyrics and found it! There are a few more song which I still don't know the title but well, I don't know the lyrics. Man, I wish I had all the CDs of these great songs and artists! You know when I was in primary school, Gold 90 FM is the only radio station I listen to. So I actually know a lot of oldies from the 70-80s. Which is something my friends found me weird of hah. 

To continue my nostalgia, I streamed Gold 90 FM online just now (don't you just love technology!). And they were playing Kelly Clarkson's A Moment Like This and I thought to myself: "Isn't this kind of a recent song?" Until I realised that it is actually 12 years recent! Like what the fish man seriously. Thirteen years ago! Can you believe it. Time flies like a boss really.

Although actually I only started following American Idol from their 3rd season. But I know Kelly Clarkson won the first season, and that "A Moment Like This" was a pretty famous song back then. I can still remember quarreling with my friend over who should win the second season. I was rooting for Fantasia Barrino while my friend was rooting for Diana. Man, those were the days!

Not sure why but I've been missing those late nights when I was still in Singapore. Quiet nights, listening to radio or watching the TV. Well, I just miss Pandan Valley heh. I remember when I was in Primay 5 I used to spend late nights at Vesti's room with her brother Bobby. We would play PS2 or just chat around, and deciding where to go the next day (cause it was holiday already). And cause we were making quite a loud noise back then, my guardian complained to me. Oops.

It's just pretty surprising how fast time could fly. It feels weird to realise we are here now.

After traveling through this life, through the years.

No comments: