Wednesday 15 April 2015

Event-full

Today was such an event-full day really... From the start till the end, I was just pre-occupied with things. So much so, that at the end of this day, it felt like I didn't have a chance to catch my breath. So it was pretty good that I had a bit of a moment to enjoy quietness and just a moment of peace, before my mind gets back into being pre-occupied again. I was feeling happy at the end of the day, to know it's coming to an end. And now I'm slowly regaining my breath back. 

So in the afternoon I was meeting someone at the farm. And then we had to settle and plan the packing of the flowers. I reached home and was settling the fees and stuff, and I thought to myself, okay let's rest for a while. Then suddenly the driver called me up to tell me that... The car lights broke down, and it is most probably due to a burnt cable from the central cabling system. And after checking it at a nearby car workshop, yup, it is most probably a problem sourced at the central cables. And if we were to just "force" the truck to function the whole cabling system might burn off.

The truck was packed to the brim (literally) but now that it cannot be used for delivery, we have to shift EVERYTHING into a new truck. Yes, everything. I was feeling rather annoyed to be honest, for all these things to be happening right now. Although none of us has any control regarding this matter. No one wanted this, and no one can stop and prevent this from happening. I was just gathering my thoughts and composure and told myself, alright, let's just shift everything. So we shifted everything.

After the car ordeal, I wanted to rest. But then I realised that it's late already (11 PM) and I still have a calculation waiting to be calculated. So I prepared some tea and went to work on the calculations right away. And then the night goes on and I just went on to finish up the rest of the work I had. It was 2 AM and I was finally done with work. And I realised that well, it's been almost 12 hours that I am pre-occupied with something continuously. I was so glad it's over.

I've been trying hard and training myself to be more patient. I've been learning to avoid and let go anger, and I think I'm doing it well. But I find it really difficult to let go of annoyance. This feeling of being annoyed at something, of being irritated by something. And I know deeply that these thoughts and feelings are detrimental for my mind. I am practising hard to let go of things that I cannot control.

Although I've fully accepted that there is really nothing that we should all be unhappy about when something out of our control happens, I suppose I let too much of my emotions stir up easily. Sigh, okay, let's stop feeling easily annoyed heh. I always feel that unhappiness is the result of us letting our minds go away somewhere unnecessary. Like for example, what happened to me above, I let my mind wander to annoyance instead of directing it to me focusing to solve the problem.

I need to meditate more. Come to think of it, I haven't been meditating for 2 days. Cause... 2 days ago I was feeling super sleepy and as for yesterday, I was having a huge and painful boil on my butt and I couldn't even sit for 2 minutes heh. It's getting better now, so I will get back on track :)

Alright signing off for now. It was such a happening day, let's enjoy the rest of the week.

PS: I know that this post is posted at 23:49 and I am talking about things that happened beyond that time. Just letting you know that I am blogging this at 4:37 AM, and to ensure that the post is about the day of occurrence (15th of April), I changed the time to adjust the day.

No comments: