Friday 12 February 2016

Cold Spell

The weather has been crazily cold this past week. Well it's been raining everyday, for quite a long time. It doesn't really rain hard, just an ongoing rain/drizzle for the whole day and thus at night, the air is so cold. I love cold weather cause it's perfect for snuggling inside your blanket while watching YouTube videos haha. But I don't like it when it gets too cold. So the jacket comes to the rescue!

It's quite weird how the weather is in such a weird pattern. At the end of December, it was humid and warm. Then it started raining a bit in January, and it was warm again at the end. And now it's been raining everyday. Perhaps it's the end of the monsoon and the beginning of a new one, and all these rains are just the "leftovers" as I'd like to call it. The weather is also bizarre in other parts of Indonesia!

Places that are not supposed to flood is now flooded (up to 2 metres in some places :O). Jakarta, which usually floods, is not flooded. I guess the current city mayor has done a great job in the past years! Praying for everyone affected. It's pretty terrifying to see the situation in the affected areas. Was reading the news and the flood was caused by an endless pour of rain for 2-3 days. Wow.

No one can predict nature I guess.

It's been a pretty hectic-ish week for me and I'm kinda enjoying it winding down as the weekend approaches. Come to think of it, Sunday-Wednesday are like the busiest days of the week for me. Saturday night is a busy night for me as well. So I'm like left with Thursday and Friday where things kinda chilled down. I still love Saturday because well, I don't have much to do then (except at night).

I've always believed that the older we grow, the lesser time we have for ourselves. So I always treasure these alone-times. Blogging, watching videos, listening to music, reading etc. I really miss the time spent alone. Like those days in Singapore. But oh well life gotta move on, ever changing.

Alrighty I guess I shall stop here. Might blog again tomorrow! See ya and have a great weekend :)

PS: Currently loving the new Tame Impala album, Currents!

No comments: