Monday 29 February 2016

Happy Leap Day!

I've always felt that it's such an amazing feat to spend an extra day in a year once every 4 years. The 29th of February is here again! So wishing everyone a happy leap day mwahaha. What was I doing 4 years ago on 2012'th leap day? Okay so looking back I was back in Indonesia already for holiday, back when I was still in year 2! In 2008 I remember watching the Singapore movie "The Leap Years". I love the soundtrack of the movie haha. I spent the past 3 leap days in Singapore. Now I'm back home again.

Anyho, it's a special day of the year, so let's spend it blogging about some stuff!

 People mountain people sea

I wanted to blog last night cause it was ji-it meh once again here. This year however, the sedans of the deities are not being paraded around the town. They were just being displayed inside the temple. So I went to the temple in the afternoon. Just in time for a short lion and dragon dance performance. And then prayed a bit and went home again. It was less festive, but it didn't deter people from coming over to the temple. Here are some photos I took yesterday! Oh and I brought my film camera too.

 The Sedans of the deities on display

It started to drizzle at the end of the event so people were dispersing quickly. Except for the devotees who went inside the temple to pray. Sometimes events like this remind me why I love my hometown so much. Seeing people I know (or strangers) and chatting with them at the temple is pretty wonderful.

Alright nothing much to talk about after that, went to the farm for deliveries again! As for today, it was a pretty hectic Monday as usual, made more exciting with the end of the month. The end of every month is always an exciting moment for all of us here mwahaha. Perhaps for all Indonesians.

Let's talk about the wonderful music I discovered in this shortest month of the year!

Great Music of February:
- Youth by Troye Sivan
- Wild by Troye Sivan
- Suburbia by Troye Sivan
- An Coire Bhreacain by Calum Stewart & Heikki Bourgault
- Let It Happen by Tame Impala
- The Less I Know The Better by Tame Impala
- Naive Dream by The Mary Onettes 
- TOUCH BY SHURA
- リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー by Macintosh Plus

My pre-ordered Troye Sivan's album Blue Neighbourhood is here! I fell in love with his songs the first time I listened to his performance at Jimmy Kimmel back in December I think. I pre-ordered his album but it only arrived on like the 4th of February, two months after its release! I love the album so much. But Youth, Wild, Fools and Suburbia gotta be my favourite tracks. He's so so good. One more artist that I believe will make it far in life. Inspiring, talented, and I need to see him live.

Same goes for Tame Impala album too! Bought them from Amazon cause I can't find it anywhere here. I really love this album from them too. Everything seems to flow through in every track. I discovered Tame Impala back in 2013 when I first heard them at Laneway Singapore. They won the Brits for international group! I really think they deserve it :) Congratulations guys.

I discovered the song An Coire Bhreacain from YouTube, through the BBC channel! It's such a wonderful celtic (?) song! Love the energy and the melody of the song. As for Naive Dream by The Mary Onettes, I discovered it at Askara bookstore in Jakarta haha, they were playing the song when I was there. Quickly Soundhound-ed it and got them in iTunes :P Love the whole umm 80s? vibe of the song. 

Okay I discovered Shura's Touch like almost 2 years ago. But she finally released it as a single!!! I'm so happy to have it on my iPod haha. After replaying the song endlessly on YouTube and Soundcloud. I seriously can't wait for her album to drop :D リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー  by Macintosh Plus is definitely my gateway to Vaporwave music. I've heard of the term before. But I don't know what kind of music it is (I didn't even know it was a genre until last Saturday). Some Vaporwave music are really nice. Some of them... I quite don't get it. Hope to discover more music of this genre!

Alrighty that's all for the music of February. As usual, February felt like a month that didn't happen at all. Probably is because of the lesser amount of days, or well probably because I'm getting older and time seems to flow more quickly. Nevertheless, I hope you had a wonderful February! Lets March towards an awesome remaining of 2016. Have a great week everyone :)

No comments: