Wednesday 3 February 2016

Lost Time

Oh gosh I haven't been blogging for so long! I wanted to blog last Sunday but guess what, I fell asleep! And then I woke up halfway through my sleep and couldn't sleep again for the rest of the morning. I've been pretty busy lately and I just wish I time can chill out for a while haha. Nevertheless today was the CNY harvest day and we're done! Whew. I just hope my customers are okay with the flowers.

I kind of miss my student days where well, I have more free time after school I suppose. It's pretty ironic that with my weird sleeping and life pattern, the night seems to get busier and busier as it goes by. I don't have much time to do the things I need to do (not what others need me to do) so I have to use my free time to do work. Which is bad. That's why I didn't get to blog as often.

Perhaps we all get busier as we grow old so... Yes. Can't complain much can I.

Before I continue I want to write about something... So on Saturday I received the news that my guardian's maid passed away. It was such a shocking news to me. It's been 3 years since we last met and I can't believe that she has left us forever now. She was someone I was close with when I was in Singapore. She taught me how to cook, she took care of me when I'm sick and she always share her awesome Indonesian food when I'm homesick. Rest in peace, Mbak. I will never forget all the great things you've done. And the moments we've shared while in Singapore :(

Supposed to blog last Sunday about the great music of January so I'll do it here now! I didn't discover a lot of music in January but well there are some nice songs I guess.

Great Music of January:
- Youth by Troye Sivan
- Happy Little Pill by Troye Sivan
- Avalokitesvara's Ten Ways by Khenpo Pema Choper Rinpoche & Ogen Lama

I swear I literally asked myself "Why didn't you discover Troye Sivan earlier?!" after I listened to his live performance of Youth at the Jimmy Kimmel show. It is such a good song! And I really love his voice. I went to look him up and search for his other songs and now I'm waiting for my copy of his first album "Blue Neighbourhood" to arrive. It should arrive this week! :D

I know that Troye is a vlogger on YouTube but I wasn't into vloggers and stuff in the past. And I didn't know he writes music too haha. Well I'm his new fan now, and a new subscriber to his channel :P

Avalokitesvara's Ten Ways is a beautiful song by Khenpo Pema Choper Rinpoche & Ogen Lama. I discovered the song from YouTube, on a random video on the suggestion tab haha. I really love the song and after reading the translation (it's in Tibetan) I find the words even more beautiful too. 

Alright that's all for the great music of January! It's pretty little I know. Didn't get to discover lots of music. But whew I welcomed the new year discovering that lots of my favourite bands and artists are releasing their new albums this year! One Republic, Tegan and Sara, Empire of The Sun, Kings of Convenienve, Asgeir, Low Roar, Say Lou Lou Sigur Ros (not sure) and more. So excited!

I'll see you soon again! Can't believe it's 5 more days to Chinese New Year. Can't wait to reunite with my family again. They're all coming here soon mwahaha. See ya :D

No comments: