Saturday 6 February 2016

Spring Cleaning

Today was a great and chill Saturday because... I finally did my spring cleaning! Believe it or not, I've been telling myself "I will do my spring cleaning next Chinese New Year" for two years in a row. I've been procrastinating and uhh feeling pretty lazy to do it back in 2014 and 2015 but this year I finally did it! Haha. My room is very neat now. Well not extremely. The thing about spring cleaning is that it really gives you more idea to organise your stuff and keep your room neat. I'm almost there.

It's been such a long time since I had a pretty chill Saturday. Well maybe it's because I make it to become such chill Saturday haha. And also there was no work to be done! That's when the chill part comes. Cleaning my room was alright. Vacuumed the crap out of my room, throw unwanted things and organise the things remaining heh. I still have no idea why my room is freaking dusty.

A friend once recommended me to close the windows/doors/openings so that no dust from outside can enter. I've been doing that now, where I close the window during the day and only let air in during the night. It kinda helps. But not really in a good way. There are still dusts lying around the room. I've been cleaning my work table once a week and that's a great way to keep things clean. It's the random and open spots in my room that are super dusty. I wish they can be cleaned easily!

But like I said above, as I was cleaning my room, I discover more ideas to make my room clean and tidy! Like for example I'm planning to buy plastic containers as "cabinets" in this compartment near my wardrobe. I guess by keeping things inside a closed container would help to avoid dust from gathering around. And I'm planning to buy more small plastic drawers to keep my stuff. They really help!

I am currently obsessed with Troye Sivan's album which arrived like 2 days ago! Totally hooked with Youth, Wild, Fools, Suburbia and Lost Boy. He is so so good and I really wish I could discover him earlier. Well I think I'm not too late, since the album was out two months ago heh. 

Anyway it's 除夕 (New Year's Eve) tomorrow and my family is gathering as usual! I'll be cooking vegetarian go-hiong AKA five-spice balls. It is usually made with pork but I'm creating a cruelty-free version with chickpeas. They are currently being soaked in water and I shall start cooking in the morning. Gotta get up early tomorrow haha. I hope they turn out good, since this is my first time cooking them.

Well I did make some falafel balls like 2 weeks ago and they turn out great! Added too much garam masala though, which makes them taste super strong haha. Learned my mistake.

Alrighty that's all from me today. It's gonna be an exciting day tomorrow with my family gathering together! To those celebrating, I hope you have a great 除夕with your family and loved ones! :D

No comments: