Friday 27 May 2016

Roaming Angels

 And all I wanna do is go home with you but
I know I'm out of my mind

Let me share with you an awesome awesome story of the internet.

So as some of you might know, the 16th of April was Record Store Day. A day where artists release special releases on vinyls. Shura released Touch and its remixes too on a lovely hot pink vinyl.

I tweeted to her asking if it'll be available for online shipping but she said it's only for UK release. But she retweeted me to see if anyone has information about record shops that provide international shipping. A flood of replies came in. But suddenly I received a message from this lovely lady from Glasgow who just asked me for my address. I told her I'll pay her back (somehow).

But then she replied me with: "I lived in Malaysia for a few years and I want to get you this as a thank you to the kind Southeast Asians I've met while I was there.". And upon returning from Tibet she sent me a delivery notice and tracking number, and here it is now! I am so so thankful and touched (pun intended) by her kindness and I did send her something from here as well. 

The internet can be a scary place. But we do have angels like her roaming around :')

Anyway, I haven't shared with you the awesome music I discovered in April! Well I didn't discover a lot of new music in April and May actually. Quite a few, but here goes!

Great Music of April:
- Dissonance by Hammock
- Boyfriend by Tegan and Sara
- I Only Tell The Truth by Charlie Lim
- Youth by Troye Sivan (Gryffin Remix)

Hammock released their new album back in April and it's truly a masterpiece! I fell in love with it, every song stroke a chord inside my heart. I think it is definitely the best album of 2016 so far. My favourite from the album is Dissonance. And it is one song that soundtracked my Tibet trip.

Tegan and Sara will be releasing their new album next month wee! They released their single, Boyfriend, and whew I love it! The only thing I don't like about this song is that it's too short haha. But it's an awesome song nevertheless. The other singles they released in this month is awesome too. I really can't wait for their new album! I discovered Charlie Lim from YouTube again. The video for his song "I Only Tell The Truth" was in my recommended tab and boom, I'm blown away. I really really love the song. I'm going to hunt for his album when I'm back in Singapore definitely.

Last but not least, another awesome remix by Gryffin is Troye Sivan's Youth! I was really hoping that it will be released before my Tibet trip but nope! Haha, it's okay I did buy it after I'm back. I really love the vibe and emotions of his remix of this song. It definitely gave me a different vibe from the original song. And I love this vibe, but I love the original version too! I love Gryffin, he's awesome haha.

Alright that's all for April music! Not too many I know, but they are awesome songs :P

No comments: