Wednesday 25 May 2016

Three Years On

 Ever searching for the world

It's the 25th of May once again, and today marks the third year that I'm back at home! It's been a pretty exciting journey so far, this past 1096 days. I've learned a lot, went through a lot, discovered a lot, and I am definitely a changed man now. Well the past one year has been an exciting one too. Lots of changes, and hopefully improvements. The only way is up, as always.

Today was rather a busy day for me, and it didn't occur to me too much that today was this special day. I suppose it's kind of a symbolism that I've landed in a different place now, and soon, this day will probably be just another ordinary day. But it's always good to remember, and take some time to contemplate and reflect on my journey. After all, the eleven years in Singapore have truly shaped me into who I am and where I am today. The decisions I've made, and so on.

I left Singapore with questions inside my head, and doubts inside my heart. For the past two years when I returned, there are things that I haven't let go of yet. Have I let go of these things? Definitely not entirely, but some, have left me behind. I didn't let them go, they seem to leave me alone.

The thing is... The past three years have been quite an interesting journey. It seems like in every year, life gives me more and more reasons to why I made the right decision. I've said this countless times but yes, I truly believe that everything in life happens, and doesn't happen, for a reason. And life doesn't necessarily have to give you the reason right away. Sometimes it takes years for you to understand.

But trust me, someday you will understand everything.

These five words, are some of my mantra. Like when I'm filled with doubts about a decision that I made, I always tell myself these words. Because so far, eventually, I understood why I made all the decisions I made. Life to me is a collection of serendipitous moments, that can happen anytime and anywhere.

Oh well I am very excited to see what life has in store for me in the next year. And I often wonder still, if this day will have any significance in the future. I'll try to make it a significance for sure. I don't really remember birthdays but I somehow remember the 25th of May like my own. Perhaps it is, because it is a day I embarked on a new chapter. And I'm still writing it now! 

Anyway, just wanna end of this post with a tiny poem I wrote tonight.

Three years on, and the ghosts 
of could haves and what ifs
have started to leave me behind.
They've found their roads
and I've found mine.

No comments: