Monday 30 July 2018

Hypnotised

It's been one hell of a crazy week and I'm just taking time to blog about the great music of July!

Here goes.

Great Music of July:
- Palo Santo by Years and Years
- Lovers by Anna of The North
- Komorebi by Craft Spells
- Letting Go by Wild Nothing

Song of the month: Hypnotised by Years and Years

Right I have discovered a few new artists and bands thanks to Spotify actually! I will talk about this on another separate post. But yes, discovered Anna of The North and Craft Spells from Spotify!

Years and Years just released their 2nd album on the 6th of July and it's a really good album I would say! Although hmm, I kinda prefer Communion. But everything that they did for the release of this album is so brilliant. And the whole theme surrounding the album also patches everything well. They did call this "the difficult 2nd album" and I kinda understand why. But it's so worth the 3 year wait I'd say. I am hoping that they will release the H&M version of Hypnotised!

So yes I discovered Anna and Craft Spells from Spotify. From the "radio" playing after my playlist finished, and from the "fans also like" tab haha. I love Anna of The North's album. It's such an atmospheric pop album? She reminds me of Shura and I think it'll be incredible if they can collab hah. Favourite song include Lovers and Fire! Looking forward to listening to more music from her.

Wild Nothing released their new song "Letting Go" from an upcoming new album they are releasing in September. I love this song and it feels like they are coming back to the Nocturne era. Wasn't a huge fan of their last album. So I'm looking forward to their new album, Indigo!

And while listening to Wild Nothing, I saw Craft Spells from their "fans also like" tab and decided to click on it. The first song I heard from them is Komorebi and man, those flute and flowy piano riffs are so nice. Such a great song to listen to on a Sunday afternoon drinking tea and lazing around.

I've been using Spotify for the whole of July now and the experience so far has been life changing! Hmm, I am going to stick with it I guess. Currently enjoying the 5000 Rupiah for 3 months offer but nah, I'm going to stick with it after that I guess. Writing this on another separate post!

Alright that's all from me now, gotta get back to work. See you tomorrow!

No comments: