Friday 6 July 2018

Streamy Spotify

So... I have decided to give Spotify a try! I know, I once wrote on my blog that I don't like the idea of streaming music, and also the fact that I prefer having music files from iTunes etc. But it's on offer of 5000 rupiah (50 cents!) for three months so... I signed up for Premium haha. So far the experience has been life changing actually. I kinda see why streaming music is the future.

Anyway so I was listening to Florence and The Machine new album, which was released at the end of June. I have pre-ordered the vinyl and I'm just waiting for it to arrive, which now I learned that it's gonna take a longer time. So with the non-premium version of Spotify, the ads are really annoying hahaha. I think Spotify is smart, they use really annoying ads that drive you crazy and go for premium :O Like for example there's an ad for Samsung and it's a 1 minute ad (I think) of a spoilt phone which can't play music properly. It's basically an ad of cut-off music and just the sound of a spoilt audio.

And there's an ad for Spotify itself which is filled with the sound of car-horns and the bustling of a city, saying there's music for everything! Yada yada hahaha. But anyway, I was talking with Syaz once about Spotify and she was telling me how I should give it a try! Actually a few people told me to try it too. But the "old stubborn" me still don't give in heh. But seriously the ads are hindering my enjoyment of listening to music, so there I go! Signed up for premium.

Also the 5000 Rupiah for three months offer was ending in June.

So yep, I've been using Spotify not for about a week and learning its tips and tricks. Like how I learned that we can make playlists and download them so we can play without internet. And creating our own library and so on. It's been revolutionary and well I'm gonna give it more time to try it. But yep this past week has made me realise why streaming music will be the future of music. 

Spotify is basically like owning your own music library, but with more choices and more versatility. You don't have to download one by one, and you can still choose the music you want to listen to. In this day and age of cloud storage etc, we're entering the next phase of music I guess. From live music, to recordings, to MP3s and now streaming music. It's pretty interesting I must say, from someone who experienced this revolution of music. From casette tapes, CDs, iPod, now Spotify.

Alright I'm going to play around with it more. Also the new Years and Years album is finally out! Of course, I've been listening to it from Spotify haha. It's an amazing album. See you real soon!

No comments: