Sunday 14 October 2018

Digging Saturday

Chandelier at the wedding

Hello, I just got back from a short trip to Jakarta yesterday! Well I went there to attend a wedding, my customer's daughter to be exact. But since the wedding is at night, I went for a short day trip to the South of Jakarta too. Went to Paperpot records to do some digging and also went to have some good vegan ramen at Yoisho ramen at Gunamarwan. Both places I've been wanting to go to!

Digging some treasures! They are at Blok M Plaza Level 4 by the way

So I reached Blok M at about 2:30 PM I think. Went straight to Paperpot to do some digging. They have A LOT of records haha. I couldn't pick a lot. And I regretted that I didn't pick some of them eeep. Well I picked two records: Both are classical music haha. The first one is a collection of brass music from a brass festival in the UK. Another one is James Galway playing the Mozart flute concerto and also his clarinet concerto but played in flute. It was my first time digging and it was a meditative experience.

I was in such a focus zone. Couldn't care what's and who are around me haha.

Anyway I was just digging when one of the staff (I think the owner? From their instastory) came and asked me if he can recommend me some music. He was just like "tell me what kind of music you like" and it happened that they were playing some nice house music earlier. So I pointed to him the music "that was playing" HAHAHA. But he kindly recommended me some music and damn I love the recommendations. Also we have a bit of convo about the many different kind of jazz and house genres and how small their differences are. Genres always confuse me hahaha.

Hope to come back one day again!

Next I went to for a late lunch at Yoisho ramen. I wanted to go to Bluezone center to try their impossible meat burger but stupid me, I didn't check their Saturday opening times and they are only open at 6:30 PM on Saturdays :( So I went to Yoisho ramen instead. Have always wanted to try them too! From some of the vegan instagrammers in Jakarta. Thankfully they have 1/2 portions of their ramens and so I get both of the soup and dry ramen (Mazemen).

Shoyu ramen at the foreground, mazemen at the background

The soup one has a shoyu base (wanted to try their miso but they ran out of soy milk which is homemade! Must be famous I guess). The shoyu soup was light but has a heartening feel to it. The dry ramen is a green chili mazemen and it is such a genius combo really. Slurped both bowls quickly cause I was hungry, and also they were both delicious haha. I wanna try their miso ramen one day! :)

Always feel out of place here

Before heading for the wedding, I went to Kem Chicks at Pacific Place to do some shopping and also to buy back some bread for the fam. Meh, I always feel out of place in the SCBD area. Like everything was so glitz and glamour kind but... I'm not that kind of person heh. But anyway Kemchicks is really complete. But of course it is expensive to shop there too haha. Just bought the usual soy and almond milk for me. And also tried hazelnut milk now haha.

After that I went to fetch one of my workers and we went for the wedding together. Congratulations for the newlyweds! Also the reason why I ate before the wedding is of course, I can't eat at the wedding as there's not much veggie option except for fruits and pudding. #veggielyfe #vegetarianproblems

Alright that's all for my short but kinda sweet Saturday. Man, it's been so long since I blog this style. You know, just talking and describing how my day went. Just like those days in Singapore where I would talk about a particular scene or happening of my day. I think I should do this more. Okay I will see you soon. We're halfway through October now, hope you're having a great October so far! :)

No comments: