Tuesday 30 October 2018

Solace

Whew, it's the last day of October tomorrow! 2 months left into the year. That is crazy eh.

Anyway as usual I'm getting busy for the end of month stuff so here's me leaving some short time to blog about some great music I discovered this month! Not so much actually hmm.

Great Music of November:
- Treat You Better by Rufus Du Sol
- Premonition by Charlie Lim (ft Weish)
- Unconditional by Charlie Lim
- Sick Feeling by Boy Pablo
- tkm by Boy Pablo
- Missing U by Robyn
- Light On by Maggie Roggers
- I'm Still Here by Sia

Song of The Month: Light On by Maggie Roggers

Right there are a few albums releases in October but... Hmm. Somehow I didn't quite enjoy them haha. Even though I was expecting them for quite some time. But it's ok! Artists are always free to create whatever music they want so yeah. Perhaps it is not just my cup of tea.

Charlie Lim released his new album this month! It's more upbeat and more catchy I guess, even though I kinda miss his more mellow and subtle music from his EPs. But the songs from his new album are awesome. I love Premonition with Weish in it! I hope to see him live one day still sob sob.

Boy Pablo also released his new EP which is a collection of songs that he has released in the past few months. Well Boy Pablo has his signature sound and this EP is no stranger to that! I think it's a great album with the same familiar chill vibes. Can't wait to see him next month in Jakarta eeep.

Rufus Du Sol also released their new album Solace. I love the opener song "Treat You Better" and No Place, which has been in my playlist for quite some time now. Although hmm I don't quite get the album as a whole. I thought their first album was better as a whole album kinda thing. But still nevertheless a good album! I hope they'll come to Jakarta and I wanna see em live woop.

Robyn also released her new album after a long time! Well I only got to know Robyn back err 2-3 years ago I think? When I chanced upon her video for Dancing on My Own on YouTube. I would say Honey is a good album but yeah, I think I need to listen to it more and more I suppose!

Next last but not least there are a few songs released in this month! Light On by Maggie Roggers is such an incredible song. I really love the lyrics, which I find really relatable to me I guess haha. I am so excited for her new album in January arrgghh. And also Sia's empowering and uplifting I'm Still Here which is also a song relatable to me. Been having some rough times this month :l

Alright that's all from me and the new music of October! Not sure why the music this month aren't really touching and clicking my heart heh. Oh well, to more music in November I guess! :) I hope you had a great October. And here's me wishing you a Nourishing November mwahaha.

No comments: