Thursday 4 October 2018

Sensitive

This is a really random post and also a weird one you can say. I've been having insomnia again this past month. Since September to be exact. I would sleep at about 6 AM but nowadays I would fall asleep at 7. Even though I go to bed at 5-ish. During my grandma's cremation, I thought I would be able to "reset" the sleeping time by not sleeping the whole morning and only sleeping a few hours here and there on the way home. But nope, didn't happen. I slept at 6 AM again.

I have no idea why, and all the measures have been carried out. Like chamomile tea, switching off lights in my room, not using phones before bedtime etc. Not sure if there are things inside my subconscious mind that don't allow me to fall asleep easily. There is however one thing...

I realised one strange thing that has been happening since my time in Singapore - I always have insomnia on two periods of the year; the solstices! The summer solstice on 22 June ish, and winter solstice on 22 December-ish. I will always get insomnia during this period and I have no idea why.

So I am wondering if there's some weird universe even going on in this period and I realise one thing - it's the fall equinox 2 weeks ago! And also I realised I did get my fair share of insomnia during qing ming back in April, which is the spring equinox. Holy moly haha. I am sensitive to the movement of the earth! Isn't that cool haha. Okay for the equinox part I'm not sure because I'm just experiencing this kinda this year. But yeah, I always get weird ass insomnia once every few months.

For the solstice part it has been proven. I remember back when I was in poly, I always have difficulty sleeping in June, no idea why. There was a time back in 2011 I think where I didn't fall asleep at all for the whole night and go to Poly still. Hoping to reset my time at night, only to fall asleep in the evening and then waking up again late at night and the cycle continued. But thankfully it was a Friday so I had a good sleep-in on the next day (a Saturday).

Not sure what is happening in my body but yeah, maybe I'm just sensitive to the movement of the earth. Equinoxes and solstices are quite a major event of this planet. They signify the movement and tilting of this planet, that result in changes in the duration of a day. Perhaps this has an invisible effect on my body, my soul and my spirit. Who knows man. But it's just an interesting observation.

Oh well I hope this insomnia will go away. It's quite stressful to not be able to sleep really. Especially when the sun begins to rise and my room is filled with golden sun rays. I can blame it on my weird sleeping habit. But I think I will have to stick around with this habit for quite some time.

Alright that's all for this random post. I will see you soon!

No comments: