Sunday 30 September 2018

Clueless

It's the last day of September can you believe it! Well, we're entering October soon and for me, once we left September behind, time is going to fly really quickly towards the end of the year. Not sure why but well. Yeah that's how it goes. Then a new year awaits and it feels like time slows down again.

Anyway it's time to share with you some of the great music of September! Lots of them.

Great Music of September:
- Chris by Chrirstine and The Queens (or Chris?)
- Superclean Vol II by The Marias
- EP III by Yumi Zouma
- Young Romance by Roosevelt
- Infections of A Different Kind by Aurora (Surprise!)
- Rehat by Kunto Aji
- Dew by Pynkie
- Give Me Your Fire, Give Me Your Rain by The Paper Kites
- Time In A Tree by Raleigh Ritchie

Song of the month: I'm so spoilt for choices arrghhh! But... Clueless by The Marias, La Marcheuse by Chris, In Camera by Yumi Zouma, Soft Universe by Aurora eeep hahaha

Okay yes so as you can see there are a lot of albums being released this month! And they are all that I've been waiting for, and 2 of them took me by surprise really. Lets begin!

Lets talk about the 2 wonderful EPs released this month, which were both released last Friday. Been waiting for The Marias Superclean vol II since they released the 2 singles Clueless and Carino. This EP is so so good oh my goodness haha. I always imagine myself listening to Vol I in a nice warm comfy bar, and for Vol II I am totally imagining myself listening to it at a rooftop bar, overlooking a city with the setting sun on a Friday evening. Such great vibes, it's magical.

Yumi Zouma caught me by surprise when they announced that they are releasing EP III back in August I think. I really love Yumi Zouma since I discovered them back in 2015 through their first 2 EPs. We've been blessed with their awesome music for 4 consecutive years! EP III is another wonderful release from them that encapsulates their charm as a band. I feel like they've been releasing a consistent work and there's always their signature in every album, even though each album is different. 

Can't really explain it, I just love their music.

Next we have Chris by... Chris. Chris announced the new album back in July I think? After releasing the first single "Girlfriend" back in May. I really enjoyed her first album and after listening to the singles from Chris, I became more excited! It's such a groovy album and the songs in Chris are very err universal? There's a song to dance to, song to drive to, and song to just accompany you. Definitely in my opinion best pop album of 2018! And another album inside my top albums of the decade.

Roosevelt also released his new single back in July I think, and also announced the arrival of his 2nd album. Love his first album back in 2016 and his second album is also a fantastic one. I thought it'll be a suitable album to send off the summer. Even though I have no summer here haha. 

The biggest surprise for this month is Aurora's second album (part one)! I know that her 2nd album will be released in Autumn from an interview. She didn't say and do anything, I just received a Facebook message from her page about Infections of a Different Kind (the name of her 2nd album). I thought it was an announcement for the release date but no!!! It's the album itself haha.

Well this is Step one of the 2nd album. Step 2 will be released in 2019 or 2020? I read it on NME. Not sure if I can wait this long to be honest hah. Aurora's first album us such a masterpiece really. I love her voice, I love her personality, and how deep her music is. So yes this is one of the biggest anticipated albums of 2018 for me. Although to be honest I'm quite confused with the whole step one thing. I was expecting a whole album to be released. But no worries! Means we'll have more music.

Step One is already awesome by the way. I've been giving it a few listens and the more I listen and the more I listen to the lyrics, the deeper the connection I made with it.

Next we have The Paper Kites new album called On The Corner Where You Live. I really love the whole theme and concept that they are going with the album? And also the whole feel of the songs inside it. Reminds me of the 80s. It's very spacious and just grand. Give Me Your Fire, Give Me Your Rain is my favourite from the album, together with Deep Burn Blue and the title track!

Kunto Aji also released his (long awaited) 2nd album called Mantra Mantra. Been following him on Instagram and he's been sharing with us through his stories about the 2nd album. It's a great album I would say. Definitely an album that this world needs, where worrying becomes a part of our lives.

Also discovered a few new songs form Majestic as usual.The first one is Dew by Pynkie. I love both the original version and the lo-fi version! It's such a chill song, been enjoying listening to it while driving. Raleigh Ritchie also released a new song called Time In A Tree and it's such an emotional song. Especially the video! I can't wait for more new music from him and a new album too.

I discovered more new music from Spotify too. Hotel Delmano by Munya, By Night by Hushed and Infinite Games by Zola Blood. All of them discovered from the radio feature. Such an awesome way to discover new music that (somehow) Spotify knows you will love haha. Also... September will mark the last month of my 5k/month subscription plan. But seriously Spotify has changed my life haha. I am definitely going to stick with it. But as always, long live physical formats!

Okay that's all for the great music of this month. So many great music. I am looking forward to two released in October, that's Charlie Lim's album and also Robyn's new album! I think there isn't much releases I'm expecting afterwards but we'll see. So many surprises this year haha. Alright I hope you had a Superb September. Lets have an Outrageously-good October mwahaha. See ya!

No comments: