Tuesday 18 September 2018

Hodgepodge Superfest 2018

Thanks Hodgepodge Superfest!

Alright I am 2 weeks late, pardon me. Been busy and so many things happened. But here it is anyway, a short post about my experience at Hodgepodge Superfest back 2 Saturdays ago! Where I caught Vancouver Sleep Clinic and Daywave live for the first time finally haha.

Anyway the festival took place on the 1st of September. I was also planning to go to Jakarta to meet one of my customers for some meeting and discussion. Also they've been asking me to go to visit them when I'm in town heh. So took the chance to meet them in the afternoon :) After that I went to eat a very late lunch first with my sales rep and off to the festival! Which took place at Ancol Ecopark.

Good to see Elephant Kind again!

I actually love the venue because it is spread out and huge. Not sure if I actually like the fact that we have 4 stages though. Thankfully VSC and Daywave were playing on the same stage. Also love the fact that there are ample time to move around and see other acts. I went to see Elephant Kind first while waiting for VSC. I love the energy of Elephant Kind! Always good to see em live.

Waited for 4 years to see em live

Next I went to see VSC at another stage. Not sure why but it was pretty empty.... Well I guess it was a good experience so that the fans of VSC can gather together in an intimate sitting (albeit the huge hall). I've been wanting to see VSC live for years heh. I tweeted to them last year asking them to go to Indonesia. And I'm so happy that they did! Tim's voice is so so good live really. Love how they play songs from their EP all the way to the new songs this year. I was singing my heart out during Someone to Stay and was just mesmerised during Collapse.

And Ayahuasca! Oh my goodness, it's definitely one of my favourite songs of 2018 so blown away.

Met Tim and Aaron after their set! Such friendly guys

And guess what, I actually had the chance to meet Tim and Aaron after their set! Tim is such a cool and friendly guy. Had a great short chat with him and also love how they interact with the other fans. I really hope that they will come back to Indonesia again one day! Thanks for coming to HPF!

Daywave on stage <3

Next I went to see Daywave after getting a can of beer heh. There were not a lot of people either. It's either the venue is too huge or maybe not many people were at the festival hah. But well I had a good time with them! Discovered Daywave all the way in 2015 when Drag was released. And been a fan of their music. Also wish I could see them live and... I did. Such a good time singing and dancing to their songs. Total Zombie, Drag, Something Here and more. Thanks for coming to Jakarta, Jackson!

I only went for day one cause I have delivery to settle on Sunday. Would love to see Gallant on Sunday but yeah. Anyway I love the festival actually. I found out that it was organised by the same organiser as Java Soundsfair 4 years ago. The only thing I don't like is... There's only one toilet for the entire festival ground. And similarly, not sure why but the festival felt empty? Not sure how to describe it. Perhaps they can get a smaller venue so that it'll feel more intimate.

And as always, as a vegetarian, there wasn't much food option but I'm fine. Beer is vegan.

Alright that's all for now! Just posting an overdue post from the beginning of the month. Quite excited for the end of the year cause I'm going for a few more concerts heh heh. See you soon :)

No comments: