Sunday 2 September 2018

Tenth

Alright I know I'm one day late, but I was in Jakarta yesterday to meet one of my customers and to also go for Hodgepodge Superfest (a music festival) haha. I reached home really late and couldn't blog about this special day of ours. But here I am anyway, happy 10th anniversary to my blog!

I can't believe that I've been writing here for 10 years. That's 3652 days. To be honest back ten years ago, I never really have any plans for blogging this long. I was blogging because I wanted to improve my English (seriously, my plan was to write stories for my essay writing. But it didn't happen) and to also join in the blog-wagon. Because back then we didn't have Facebook and Twitter, and blog was the in-thing for secondary school kids. A place where we let our raging hormones flow out. HAHAHA.

Anyway, I didn't really have plans to blog for this long back then. In fact when I was entering Poly, I told myself that I don't think I'll be able to blog as often. Cause I know poly life would be more hectic than secondary school days. But mehh, not really. Okay sure I did not blog as often as compared to 2009, but I kept going and I was quite surprised by this too haha. It's an interesting journey.

And as you can see in 2013, I almost quite blogging. I thought my life after academics would be pretty boring and there's nothing to blog about. But all of this changed when I re-read my whole blog at the end of 2013. How much memories I have written. How many stories that I once forgotten, only to be remembered again. How I am reminded of insignificant moments, that turned to moments I miss, and how I wish I can relive them again. Simple things, that grow as time moves on.

It's quite melancholic to see how much I've changed all these ten years, as I read the posts I wrote on this blog. How my view on life changed, how I see this world, and how I live. These posts, these words are a testament of moments that I've been through. Which in one way or another, has shaped who I am as a person today. Some posts brought a smile to my face, while others made me wish that I never went through those days again. But well, I'm always reminded that everything happens for a reason.

These ten years also marked how much I've enjoyed writing. Back in 2014, I told myself to continue doing the things that I love even though I don't do it for a living. So far photography and writing are two things that I've been constantly doing. I have a passion for music but I can't play them haha. So let me just enjoy music all these years. Hopefully I can go back with it soon.

In this world where we express ourselves in 280 characters, a photo we take with our phones, or a short post for our friends to see, I hope you can give blogging/journaling a try. You will be surprised (or creeped out) by the words that come out of you when you're alone with your mind!

Frankly I don't really care if people read my blog or not. And I don't really err like to share my posts to people (actually I'm just very lazy heh). Also I think this blog has been a special place for me in so many different ways. It is not just simply a blog. So to my dearest Clouds of Sunday:

Thank you for (always) being a place where I can talk to myself without anyone judging that I'm insane. 

Thank you for the late night conversations. 

Thank you for being a place where my memories reside, as my body continues to deteriorate. 

Thank you for everything all these ten years.

Here's to (hopefully) many more years to go.

No comments: