Monday 24 September 2018

Happy Mid Autumn!

Happy Mid-Autumn! 中秋节快乐

It's the 15th of the 8th Lunar Month today so we're celebrating the mid-autumn festival! This is one of my favourite days of the year, because my family get to reunite again together to celebrate this special day. I always love it when this happens. Thankfully today my dad and I have finished work earlier in the afternoon heh. So we get to gather together with the others. Unlike the previous years when we would cut the celebration short because we still have calculations hah.

Anyway this year's celebration made me feel a bit more older... Cause I realise that... Now it's my cousins and I who were watching our nephew and niece running around heh. Felt like yesterday when it was my parents, aunts and uncle who were watching us run around the house haha. 

Also now my cousins and I drank beer during this celebration, while talking about cholesterol and business haha! We used to drink soft drinks when we were younger. Actually I am reminded of one mid-autumn festival when my aunt brought those caprisone drinks from Jakarta. And because they were not available in my hometown, we felt like we were the coolest kids ever drinking that.

I hope we can keep this tradition alive. It brings family closer together and it's always nice. I think this tradition is kinda dying slowly. Not many people would set up altar beneath the moon and light up joss sticks. We're not really praying to the moon I guess. More of God (tian)? But it's the fact that it brings family together that makes me feel want to keep this tradition alive!

Alright that's all for now. I hope you had a good evening with your family tonight and ate some mooncakes. Wishing everyone a happy mid-autumn. Winter is coming. What. 

No comments: