Monday 29 October 2018

Fear and Worry

A continuation from my previous post, again.

Now that we have talked about how it seems like the world is function to make us feel like we never have and never be enough, lets branch out to why this can happen. What if perhaps... The world is constantly making us worried that we can never have enough, and never be enough?

What if we're made to live in fear that we will be inadequate. And we're always worried about this. Somehow we are all trapped into this system and we can't seem to get out of it. Buddhism calls it Samsara, the cycle of birth and death. And the aims of Buddhists is to get out of this cycle!

Sometimes I feel that the world is feeding us with fear and worries. And how it seems rather impossible not to have them. It feels like they have become a part of our lives, and we can't shake them off easily. And when we don't have them, people will think we're just insane and bizarre.

Or should I say that when we try to clear our minds off them, people will think that we are just "lazy" and that we do not think "wisely"of our own lives. What if, fear and worries become our "supplements" that we need in life. And how we become incomplete without them.

The thing is, I've always wished to become a more fearless person. I am striving to worry less because I have realised that worrying is truly a waste of time and energy. It doesn't do anything good to the already existing problem. Like the saying goes, worrying is like sitting on a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it gets you to nowhere. Yup, beautiful representation of worrying.

And also I feel that this world uses fear and worry as a tool to manipulate us. In a world where we never feel enough, hence secured, hence stress-free, it seems like I can't runaway from these two words.

Well I can go on and on to talk about what's wrong with the world. There are many wrongs with this world but I believe we can avoid them. And I think only mindfulness can cure this problem. The only skill we can put into practice that breaks away these two words from us. To learn to see everything for what they are and what they are not. To be a human here, and not a human in the (non-existing-yet) future. Not a human who lives in a fraction of our own created thought, that will disappear.

I hope the universe can give me clarity to help me to see through things. Grant me the courage to walk fearlessly forward. Stray me away from the darkness. And when I land on it, 

may you shine some light on my path.

No comments: