Friday 18 January 2019

Born To Go Extinct


The Rare Earth channel is one of my favourite channels on YouTube that I discovered last year. The way they tell stories, the cinematography, and everything combined, is so eloquent and beautiful. I remember chancing upon them through the video about Easter Island. And I become a fan since then.

This is another beautiful and interesting video about the beginning of this planet. As someone who's always intrigued with the whole universe and this planet we call home, this video strikes a chord with my heart. And not only that, they also manage to talk about life in general, I love this passage:

"For the last few hundred thousands of years, we've been king. Our species has blossomed to corners of the earth. We're the most complex life that has ever existed. Shifts in climate, biology and atmosphere have brought us to these heights and no doubt, shifts in the same will destroy us. There is no meaning to life, at least none that will satisfy us. Our purpose here is not to know the meaning but to live, to thrive and eventually to go extinct."

I don't know why but this brought me comfort in a whole new level.

No comments: