Sunday 27 January 2019

Spring Cleaning

Hello hello hello. Man it's been so long since I blogged and yes I can explain. I'm pretty annoyed cause for the past 4 days my internet died. And it truly died on the most perfect timing - when I'm finished with work and ready to just relax by using the internet haha. Well I called the technician yesterday and it turned out that there was something wrong with the router. He couldn't manage to find a replacement since it was almost evening time so he went to deliver it today.

And here I am now. Well I'm just annoyed cause err I was actually quite free last week and indeed I was planning to blog on some nights last week. But well, whatever it is, pretty sure things happened for a reason. And they did, cause I manage to do some spring cleaning! Well I did most of the work yesterday, but I did more tidying up on Friday and Saturday night. Pretty satisfied.

Anyway I am feeling satisfied that I am finished with my spring cleaning haha. I always do it before CNY, it's been a habit since when I was in Singapore. Actually I just learned about the habit of spring cleaning after I came to Singapore. I never heard about this tradition back when I was still in Indonesia. So I've been doing it since P6 I think. Back in Singapore I would always do it before I came back to Indonesia (if I was flying back). And it's always satisfying!

Also I'm quite proud of myself because well since 2016-ish, I've decided to adopt the minimalist lifestyle. Even though I'm far from being a "true" minimalist, I am proud that... I never really add anything into my room for the past few years! I was clearing out a lot of stuff and most of these stuffs were from the 2013/2014 era, or even stuff from Singapore. My cupboard is now emptier than before so yes. I'm proud. The only thing that increases in numbers is... My records haha.

As always, I will always stumble upon things from the past while spring cleaning. 

And now, presenting to you.... #thingsyoufindwhilespringcleaning!

Clockwise: Movie tickets (some dated to 2009), TSMB badge, 17th birthday cards from Brenda and Cheryl, the pen I used for O Levels, concert tickets (also some from 2009), my first Esplanade pass

Okay first of all there is one object that I am very surprised and happy to stumble across. It is this pouch that was given by my dearest 1A02 class in year one. I was given this pouch I think because I was class treasurer or something? So I was in charge of collecting money for class fund, to get birthday presents for our classmate and so on. And thus I was given this pouch to handle receipts, cash and so on. Well I did use it for that purpose, but after that, I used it for something else.

So I found that pouch again yesterday and to my surprise, there were "treasures" from my life in Singapore back 7-10 years ago. A stash of movie tickets, concert tickets, boarding passes and whatever tickets that I can keep. I was pretty surprised with this discover to be honest. Weirdly speaking, I have kinda forgotten about this (weird?) habit of mine. So to discover them again it feels... So weird. Like I'm happy to discover them, and I miss those days a lot!

I think I find it really weird that we seem to go through moment by moment, day by day, year by year, without knowing how we will look back upon these days in the future. Perhaps we'll see sadness, we'll see joy, and so on. We don't really know man. But I hope that we can all live our days fully so that we can always look back on the past with a smile. And of course hopefully we can all move forward with a more positive outlook in life, that as time goes by, we'll fill our life with days we can smile back upon.

But we can never live a life without the down sides. So hey, let us all just smile because we have made it this far! Through the pain and tears and sorrow that have made us who we are today.

Man yesterday was such a sentimental day for me. It was fun looking back. And I'm kind of eager to know how I will feel when the future me looks back on this Sunday that I'm living in.

No comments: