Saturday 18 May 2019

Back In Singapore Part II

Right continuing to the next 2 days of the trip!

Cravings satisfied!

Met a lot of people on Saturday, which is great I guess! I always take the opportunity to meet as many people as I can when I'm in Singapore. I met Try for br-l-unch hahaha at Zam zam in Bugis! It's so good to see him again because oh gosh I can't remember when was the last time we met haha. Glad that we still kept in contact via social media though. I was really craving for Prata but to our dismay, Zam zam doesn't serve prata in the day (or when we were there that is). I'm also craving for Briyani and yay had my craving satisfied nevertheless haha. Had a really interesting and wholesome conversation about a lot of things in life with Try. From Indonesia, to politics and life in general.

Good to see you again Try!

Good to see you again Mas Tri! Hope to see you again when I'm back :D

Thanks for the lunch Candy! Good to see you too Syaz :D

After that I met with Candy and Syazwani at Fat Papas nearby! I've been wanting to try the Impossible Burger and I'm glad I had the chance to do so when I'm in Singapore (and I don't have to go to the US to try it haha). Candy had the Impossible Sheperd's Pie too! Okay I'm gonna do a special post about it but spoiler alert: It's good. Anyway it's always a good time meeting my poly mates once again. And especially now that Candy is a dietitian, having food becomes an interesting time hahaha! But yeah it was a great time with them reminiscing and talking about life in general again. It seriously made me miss the good old poly days that we had. Having lunch, or tea/coffee at FC3 :/

Thanks for the tea and chocolates Cheryl!

Next up, I went over to Takashimaya to meet Cheryl! Thanks for meeting me there as I was also thinking of going to Kinokuniya to get some books :P Cause err I've been having lots of great food the past 5 hours or so, we decided to meet for tea! We met at Paul, and I had the soup of the day and we shared a creme brulee together. It's a great catch up session with her as always, updating each other's lives and also reminiscing about our Tanglin days. Oh gosh it's been 10 years since we graduated from TSS whuut! After that we went over to Kino to get the books I was looking for. I bought three books on Stoicism! Thanks Cheryl for the meetup and for the food as well! I owe you the next time alright :D

Pardon our kind-of-tipsy faces haha

And last but not least, and something I look forward to in this trip, is meeting Saeyeoh and Emily to watch Avengers: End Game! Okay I was trying to slot in this movie when I'm in Singapore (since we have no cinema in my hometown haha) and when Saeyeoh suggested this, I was so happy hahaha. We went to watch the movie first at Lido and yup, 9.5/10 for me seriously. The movie ended late so we decided to have drinks. I mean supper. Or both :P Went to Emerald hill to do some bar hopping but ended up going to one (which we kinda realise, they're all... linked). Had some great pizza and truffle fries before we go to Brotzeit at 313 to end the night hahaha. Brotzeit has a good deal seriously! 

Anyway thanks Saeyeoh for the movie ticket and for the drinks as well! I think I've found a great drinking partner and I look forward to our next drinking session haha :P

Breakfast with these two!

Alright for my last day, I went to meet 3 people! I began my last day with breakfast with Tacy and Sharon at... Ghim Moh. Yes, I'm such a good friend HAHAHA. And also yes we realise we're not exactly breakfast people haha. But anyway thank you for satisfying all of my cravings in one meal! Chee Kueh, Prata and Chee cheong fun mwahaha. It's always a good time with them, and our meals will always be filled with laughters! Next time we meet, lets not meet for breakfast tho :P

Team Baros United in SG haha

After that we parted ways and I went back to town to meet with my cousins Mel and her husband, Andry, and also Livia who's currently studying in Singapore! Met them for lunch and also asked them to try the Impossible/Beyond burger hahaha. I tried the Beyond burger but... Okay another review coming soon. Anyway it's quite funny how in the past it was them who visited me in Singapore when I was still a student. Now I'm the one visiting them in Singapore! :P

Good to see you again LTY!

Right before I left for the airport, I went to meet LTY first! Cause I've been stuffed with food, we just went for Ice Cream instead haha. Had a really good time chatting with LTY! Gosh come to think of it, we're all seriously adults now hahaha. We're talking about work, about life and so on. Felt like yesterday when we were still students! After that he even went to the airport with me! Well he was visiting his friend who's also working in the airport but nevertheless, thank you LTY!

And that's all for my trip to Singapore. It seriously felt like a breeze, so quick. 54 hours in the sunny island, and I always wish I have more time to visit more places and see more people. But well it was a good weekend nevertheless. A break that I've been looking forward to get. I never really consider my trips to Singapore as a holiday or some travel trip. It's more like a trip back home.

Till then, Singapore! See you when I see you again :)

No comments: