Sunday 23 June 2019

Carve Me

My favourite lyrics from Carve Me, ft Nick Brewer

Favela released a collaborative album back on the 30th of May called A Thousand Fibres and man, it's another beautiful album from him! To my the title of the album is very fitting. This album, or I mean the songs of this album, are like a thousand emotional fibres woven into a warm cozy blanket that envelopes the heart. As usual the album is one hell of an emotional ride! Congratulations to Favela and all the artists involved in this album for the phenomenal album!

Even though the album was released in May, I'm gonna put it in the June's list since it's on the last day haha. And I've been enjoying listening to this album during the holiday.

I really enjoyed the whole album in general but some songs stood out for me. They are Carve Me, Rusks and Wine, You Say, Sparrow and Fool Again. Especially Carve Me, which is a song that really made me emotional and empowered at the same time after listening to it!

Favela has been one of my favourite artists/songwriter that I discovered in the past few years. And he's definitely inside my top 10 favourite musician list of my life. I discovered him back in 2015, and it was a purely serendipitous and grateful discovery that I made! I remember back in 2015 I used to listen to Soundcloud to discover new music. And one fateful night, Favela's Easy Yoke played on shuffle in Soundcloud and wow I just fell in love with it right away.

After a few searches on YouTube, I discovered his social media pages and also his bandcamp! Which I bought Easy Yoke at. Now his Bandcamp page is no longer active. And his old materials are actually amazing too! I wish he will release it on Spotify one day.

Year after year we've been blessed with his incredible music. From Future Vision EP, English Letters EP in 2017, his debut album Community last year, and now FPATF. I seriously hope that he won't stop making music. Because his music is incredible. And I really think he's a talented songwriter as well. He really touched words and turn them into magic. Magic that touches your heart!

And his music in general is just so melancholic and emotional. Like for example his song Nevermore My Temples Leave is truly one of a kind in this world. I always feel weirdly emotional whenever I listen to it. It gave me a feeling I've never felt before when I listened to it for the first time. A personal favourite for me is Medals. Because I relate to that song a lot. Confession: I also cried to that song a lot. It's emotional and it always made me feel sad about the world. And its functions.

Alright that's all from me now. This is a special post dedicated to one of my favourite musicians ever, Favela! I hope you give his new album a listen because it's incredible. And his other music too mwahaha. Alright see you again. Take care and have a great week ahead :)

No comments: