Thursday 6 June 2019

Holiday Syndrome

Hello hello, I know I'm a day late but just wanna wish Eid Mubarak to all Muslims around the world! I hope you had a blissful month of Ramadhan and a wonderful Eid celebration with your loved ones :) This year Eid coincides with my grandfather's 27th death anniversary so we were doing the prayers yesterday. My aunts and uncle came over as usual and it was a pretty chill and quiet day.

Somehow the first day of Eid seems like the quietest day of the year at home hah. 

Anyway I've been enjoying the past 3 days of holiday here. I am suffering from what I like to call the Holiday Syndrome. I wouldn't say it's a problem, it's a good thing actually haha. I'd like to call it a syndrome where you feel that you're obliged not to do anything even though you may have things to be done, and could be done haha. But seriously though, not doing anything is an act of bliss these days.

Not only that my shop is closed for Eid, so I don't have to do the daily sales report, but yeah I just had a great time not doing anything! Haha. Besides the going out during the day activities of course. Like after dinner, I would wash the dishes, went back to my room and do nothing! Scroll through Instagram, watch YouTube videos, and lay around my bed. It was wonderful haha.

I wanted to journal/blog but meh I don't feel like doing so. Like I just wanna do nothing haha.

I would say it's an act of bliss because on other days, I feel like I'm just preoccupied to do things. To think about things and so on. And it's wonderful not being needed to do such heh. But usually things will go back to normal slowly as the holiday nears the end. But if you enjoy every day, doing things you want to do, and things your heart wants to do, you won't feel bad that the holiday is coming to an end.

It's all about being present I guess.

Okay that's all from me now. I have 2 more posts in mind that I will write soon. In the meantime, let me suffer my holiday syndrome as much as I can hahaha. Hope you're doing well.

No comments: