Saturday 31 December 2022

In 2022...

Whew can you believe we're on the last day of the year, again! It feels like yesterday when I was writing my last post for 2021. Yet here I am now. How has 2022 been for everyone? I'm not sure what to think and feel about this year. It was... A year. Not in a bad or good way.

No really, I don't have much to talk about this year haha. You see as the years go by, I feel like I don't want to label my year anymore. I just feel thankful for everything. For another year, for making it this far, for the lessons and for everything else! Whatever I have went through and learned in this year will definitely be carried with me into the new year. And every year, I'll (hopefully) become a wiser person.

I recently got reunited with the song "Seasons of Love" from the musical Rent. And I think the song asks a wonderful question: How do you measure a year in the life? And it got me thinking throughout the last few days of the year. How do I measure it? Is it by the number of achievements I made, the memories I made and so on? And I think I've found what I want to measure it with.

I'd like to measure mine with gratitude. I hope that at the end of every year, I want my heart to be brimming with gratitude. For the journey I've embarked, and also the chance to embark on more journeys in the future. And like the Buddha said, gratitude is the greatest wealth. I want to "own" as much of it as possible in my lifetime. That would ensure that I'll never feel lacking of anything.

On another note, if 2021 feels like things are falling apart, 2022 is a manifestation of the quote: "When things are falling apart, sometimes they're falling into place". I feel like this year things are slowly falling into place. And now we're just continuing the job, and making sure that we're moving upwards (and onwards). It's like as if stones and sands are falling into a foundation block of a house. And now we just have to continue building the house up. It's challenging but definitely rewarding in the end.

Alright I guess that's all for this year. As usual I don't want to promise you with anything for this blog in the coming new year heh. But I still aim to write my 2000th post next year, where I'll be blogging for 15 years! But see how it goes hah. Okay I hope 2022 has treated you well. May 2023 be a brighter and kinder year for all of us. Stay safe, take care and happy new year!

No comments: