Friday 15 July 2011

Goodbye Harry Potter, you'll always remain in my heart

Hello people! I think today was such an awesome day! So many great things happened and I'm loving it hoho. So anyway I went to school earlier today to do report with Syazwani. I finished my cover page! O yay! Haha, just kidding, did aims, procedures and yeah. Borrowed some books for theory too. And then we head for GM bio class, and yay I finally signed up for Standard Chartered 10K marathon! Paid and everything done :)

After class... My awesome DBS 1.5 people (actually most are DBS 1A02 with Vithya heh) gave Candy and I a surprise! They were at T11A and we celebrated Candy's birthday. I thought it's only Lizzie and Candy's birthday but when I saw 3 candles I went awww haha. Thanks a lot peeps! I really had a great time with you just now. And thanks Candy as well for the lovely notebook! :D

While waiting for Lizzie to come, and the rest to finish their gems, I stayed at T11A to do some of my report and surf the net and yeah. After that Nivedha and I wanted to go to Holland V to develop her film but she was experiencing some cramps so she decided to go home instead. Take care and get well soon Niv! I headed home after that to meet Jes and the rest for HP 7.2 :D

Met my 4E1'09 clique at JP to watch Harry Potter 7 part 2. Thanks for the presents people! Like em a lot! (I have a fetish for T-shirt with words heh). HP 7.2 is SO AWESOME! Okay I feel it's a tad too short for a final movie but still awesome! And pretty sad too :( After that we went for dinner and we all went back home after that :) Thanks for the night out peeps! I enjoyed it a lot! :)

Sigh, now that Harry Potter, the great sequel, is gone. I feel kind of sad... So I'm dedicating this post for the awesome series! :D

I remember the first time the Harry Potter book series was published (The Sorcere's Stone), I bought the book (In Indonesian) and start reading it. It was so fascinating to be introduced to a world of magic. Then comes the movie. That's when everything seemed so surreal and wonderful. Where I really I wish I could have a wand and cast Winggardium Leviosa and levitate things around. Or Alohamora to unlock doors.

Then I came to Singapore and watched the chamber of secrets together with my language school class. Then, Harry Potter somehow became a part of my life. It's something that I always look forward to once every year, or two years. Even though I didn't watch the 3rd and 5th movie, and that I stopped reading the book after The Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter is something I enjoy watching, or even fantasising.

It became a part of my childhood. The story, the plot, the characters, the sceneries, and most importantly, the magic. I remembered how much I wish Hogwarts existed. That Harry, Ron and Hermione were real-life people whom I can talk to, and learn magic from. How I took tree branches to make it look like a wand. It may be plain silly to you, but that's how much I treasure and enjoy this great series of Harry Potter.

I may not be a student of Hogwarts. Yet alone an alumni, or even a soon-going-to-be student like Albus Severus Potter. But somehow Hogwarts is a place that I would "visit" once every two years or so. And today it felt so sad to see them crumble (thanks to Voldemort). But yet so touching to see the whole of Hogwarts fighting back.

Thank you so much JK Rowling. For writing this 7 sequel of great books. And the director of the movie, David Heyman (Took this from Wiki). The casts of the movie, each and everyone of them. The staff members. Basically everyone involved in the movie making. Thank you all so much for making such a marvellous and fantastic movie series for the past 10 years. For injecting my childhood days with such joy, anticipation, wonder and most importantly magical fascination.

Harry Potter is and will always be a part of my childhood, and me. The story will be engraved (hopefully) till I grow old. I would definitely ask my children to read them, and tell them the story. And to know that, that is it for this wonderful series, I really feel sad. For part of my childhood have now been gone, forever. There will no more be anymore series. And that's the sad part. But whatever the case, the story will remain in my memory :)

Part of my childhood. Magical imagination, and escapism. Harry Potter is just... :')

50 more days to Inner Mongolia OCIP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, harry potter, will be, and always be remaining in my heart! :) jus feel quite disappointed to the fact that harry's loyalty or simply love for the phoenix wand is not filmed in the movie. i really like the part about him repairing the wand, and that Harry Potter on his desire to give up the Elder Wand in favour of his own wand,the holly phoenix wand!

Adhi said...

Yeah :/ But oh well I think they don't wanna make a looong 3 hour movie as well eh haha. And I think longer movie = more money :P But yes! HP will always remain in my heart!! :D

Anonymous said...

hahahahhas! i dont mind watching a 3hr HP movie!!!