Saturday 6 August 2011

Pre-OCIP trip at Pulau Ubin!

Reflection at the quarry lake

Hello people! Today was such an awesome day! :D My OCIP team and I went to Pulau Ubin for our pre-OCIP trip! It's been three years since I last visited there... And so many things have changed! Even though some still remain the same, and they never fail to bring me back to that SC activity day thingy with Cheryl, Sam sim and Mr Tan.

Anyway wanted to meet Kai Xuan and Jon but Kai's leg hasn't recovered so she decided not to go for the trip. Get well soon Kai! So I met Jon at Clementi, was like 5 minutes late sorry >< and we trained to Pasir Ris, then cabbed to Changi Ferry terminal. Cause taking bus was so gonna be late. We met others and we then headed to Ubin!

The day started with a trek to Nordin Beach where we did some beach cleanup. Cleaning the beach made ma angry. Cause I'm so irritated by the amount of litter found there! Don't they even know how turtles can die by chomping on plastic bags? And styrofoams, and this and that. Seriously, I wish people don't throw their stuff into the sea!

The waves are moving everywhere, so please don't think your rubbish will remain in the ocean or something like that. No. they are carried away everyday, everywhere.

But the cleanup was fun! Picking up funny things to be thrown away like how we dug the sand just to "uncover" a hose heh. And plastic bottles (glass too) and plastic bags. The plastic bags go so damaged by the sea water I think that it was so "flimsy" and when you pulled it up, they will break and fall. So "pek-cek" heh.


After the cleanup we headed back to the jetty area to have lunch. Then I met this SUPER CUTE DOG/PUPPY and he's just so bloody cute! On the way back, Kay Heng, Elijah and I were talking about out secondary school band days haha. Some of us had to go back first, while the rest went for... Cycling!

I always love cycling in Ubin. I don't know why but Ubin is like a time travellator for me. It brings me back to another time, to another place you can't find in Singapore. Kinda like my hometown back in Indo but... Different. I don't know how to put it into words but I just love cycling there! How I wish Singapore has more islands like Ubin :/

We also went to Chek Jawa! It was my first time there and it's so gorgeously beautiful~ especially with the orange-ish sunset sky and puffy clouds with shapes and patterns. So freaking nice! It was high tide though so we couldn't really see the sea-bed but it's nice :D

The day ended at about 6 and we headed back to the main land. Went to Changi Village for dinner, and buka-ing AKA breaking fast! Haha. Even though we didn't fast, two of our friends, Azmi and Syafiqah do! So we all waited for the call for buka and we all tucked in, except for Syafiqah who's too tired to eat! Haha.

And we all headed home after that, 5o minutes of MRT ride to Clementi from Pasir Ris! Alright I'm seriously VERY sleepy, I guess too tired. See ya then!

Awesome Saturday indeed!

29 more days to Inner Mongolia OCIP!

No comments: