Saturday 4 January 2014

Happy Birthday Sigur Ros!

 4 years and counting
Takk!

It's the 4th of January, and so I learned a month ago that it's the day where Sigur Ros was formed 20 years ago! Wow, they've been making music since I was a baby! Haha, so here's me wishing you a happy birthday to the band! And thank you for all the wonderful music you've created, from the beginning up to this date. It's a pleasure to listen to them! :)

Although the band is 20 years old, I've only known them for 4 years now. Well kinda late I know, but those were the days where I was introduced, and where I enjoyed listening to Indie music. And like I blogged last time about how I found Sigur Ros accidentally, so yes, that's why it's kinda late. But like the good old saying, better late than never!

 With a buzz in our ears we play endlessly!

This band really changed my life so much. Never in my life have I actually become attracted and interested to a band in such a short period of time, for a long time. How I bought album after album, and just simply got interested with the band so much. Thankfully I managed to catch them live twice in my life! And I'm always wishing and praying for more concerts to watch :)

 May last year!

The band really changed my definition of music, and my perception towards music, and life in general. Their music accompanied me when I was alone, when I was sad, angry, happy and just... Me. So yes, to me great music are music which you listen to whenever and wherever. When you feel angry, sad, and happy and so on. Because great music makes you feel great too!

 "You gave me hope that turned into a disappointment... That's an alright start"

I have another dream and that is to meet the band members personally (and get their signatures!) haha but I'm not really a hardcore hardcore fan who would wait for them after concerts and so on. Maybe... Luck will bring us together somehow. I don't know. Heh. And I would love to visit their homeland, and listen to their songs walking along the streets and sights of their homeland.

Ah well, I'm just really glad to have known Sigur Ros.

Alright, I'll stop here. Here's another happy 20th anniversary to (in my opinion) the greatest band on earth, and here's to more more years of music-making and to more opportunities of catching them live mwahaha. Takk for the music!

2 comments:

purpleskies said...

You, my friend, have found true love. (Y)

Happy birthday sigur ros!

Adhi S said...

Hahaha yay! *brainwash attempt in progress* mwahaha