Saturday 20 June 2015

Golden by Szymon


I came across with this beautiful song a few weeks back on YouTube via the channel MorIndie. I went to buy it on iTunes right away. And I watched this beautiful video as well. I saw on the description that he will be releasing a new album soon. And I am excited! I thought to myself that hey he is going to be a great emerging artist of the year I bet. I reckoned that he's an emerging artist cause there is only one of his songs on iTunes. So yes, I was pretty excited for him.

Until last night I found out that Szymon actually passed away three years ago, after losing a battle with depression. I was left in a deep shock and sadness, cause I truly feel that he's such a talented musician. Although at the same time I feel thankful to have come across with his music - and for his friends and peers who are releasing the songs he recorded in his room a few years back in his forthcoming album. Such a wonderful and beautiful talent, gone to soon, really.

I can't wait to get his album. His other song - Katyusha is another gem as well.

No comments: