Monday 29 June 2015

Floating in Time

It feels scary that in some days, I totally lost track of time. Sometimes, I don't know what day is it today, what date is it today, what day is tomorrow, which part of the month are we in now, and so on. Sometimes I just go like "Oh hey June is coming to an end" and then I just came into a shock to come with this fact. Not sure if I'm too busy these days, or I just lost track of time.

Time flows in a speed no one can comprehend. Why some days flew by pretty fast, and some minute flew by real slowly. Time is a mystery. A beautiful one actually.

Anyway it's the end of the month now, time for Great Music of June!

Great music of June:
- Ship To Wreck by Florence and The Machine (FATM)
- Sea Creatures by SOAK (album version)
- Diver by Kid Astray 
- It's Alright by Kid Astray
- Youth by Parks, Squares and Alleys
- Forest by Parks, Squares and Alleys
- Closer To You by Christian Carcamo 
- Feet To The Sun by Mideau
- Hejduk by Mideau
- Deep by Jones
- White Light by Shura

Song of the month: Ship To Wreck by Florence and The Machine

Like I said last month, June is the month where a lot of my favourite artists and bands release their new albums....! And I don't have a single one of them, because I can't find it anywhere. And also buying them from Amazon is expensive so yeah. But anyway I am going to Jakarta tomorrow and I'm going for a CD hunt! And also there's this online CD shop that sells new albums and the guy told me that some of the new released are going to be released in late June. Which is now.

FATM just released their new album "How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful" and I really really love the song Ship To Wreck! Florence has definitely one of the best female vocals of the decade, or century heh. And I just love her lyrics. It's so meaningful and deep. Although this song is about a failed relationship that ends up in an abuse (I think). Her powerful voice and lyrics just awed me so much.

SOAK released her debut album as well and I can't wait to get it! Well I don't think it's going to be released here in Indonesia. The album version of her "Sea Creatures" is pretty nice. Although I prefer her previous version. But this version is more lively and yup pretty nice. Kid Astray also released their album Home Before The Dark, and my favourite song from them, Diver, is in it! I love Diver so much. I love the beat and the melody. It's super catchy and definitely awesome for summer.

Parks, Squares and Alleys is a band from Russia and I discovered them from the IndieAir channel again. Their song youth is very nice. I love the vibe and the feel of the song. It reminds me of a Saturday afternoon in a quiet town heh. I discovered Christian Carcamo's song Closer To You in IndieAir as well and it's a beautiful song too. Man, YouTube is my source of new music these days.

Discovered Mideau in MorIndie's latest "Walking Home" playlist and well hello, I have a new favourite electronic band now! Fell in love with their song "Feet To The Sun" when I first heard it on the playlist. Definitely a good song to walk home to. Last but not least, I discovered Jones while streaming Soundcloud again. She has such a soothing voice and it blends really well in this song of hers. 

As for White Light, I've talked about it. And yes I'm still obsessed with it. 

Yup alright these are my awesome finds for music in June! Can't wait for more music in July! 

Oh yes talking about music - two awesome things happened.

So on 13th of June, Sigur Ros did an audio stream of their Agaetis Byrjun release concert 16 years ago. I have no luck most of the time with technology and streaming - my laptop always crashed in this kind of situation. So I tweeted to SR saying "my laptop just crashed! Couldn't stand your awesomeness! Switching on my laptop again!"..... AND THEY FAVOURITED MY TWEET!

After the end of the stream SR signed off as "-sr" and it means that they have been on Twitter on that night! Oh my goodness. They favourited my tweet. I went to sleep with a smile haha.

And a few days back, I wished Sam Smith and Shura a happy pride and SHURA RETWEETED ME! WITH SAM SMITH ON MY MENTION. Another happy night! Was grinning like a fool heh.

Although yes these things are "small" things to you. But as a huge fanboy of all these musicians, they make me really really happy. They are such lovely people! I wanna meet them in real life so bad. Alright I'm going to stop here now. Gotta wake up early tomorrow for Jakarta. See you soon! And wishing everyone a Joyful July ahead as well. Hope you had a Jubilant June :)

2 comments:

purpleskies said...

Soundcloud is awesome! just heard white light by shura. kinda like the 80s vibe! follow me @zays rue over there :D

Adhi S said...

Shura is so awesome!! Haha go and listen to her other songs :D Yup love the 80s vibe there <3