Sunday 14 June 2015

White Light

I am currently hooked, so bad, to this latest song from Shura called "White Light". Sadly she doesn't release it as a single in iTunes, and I've been listening to it on Soundcloud. Before I sleep, when I wake up, when I do work, etc. It is so good! Definitely a jam we all need for the summer. I rarely find an artist in which I would like every single song they released. I mean I'll like some songs, and doesn't quite like some songs. But for Shura, I love every song from her so far! I really can't wait for her album.

Today was an alright Sunday I suppose. A bit shocked about some stuff as well. Okay here goes.

We will have a lot of flower demands for Hari Raya. Which is coming in about a month's time. As for the fasting month (puasa), we will have a decrease in demand. We learned our mistake from last year, so this year we reduced the flowers we planted for the fasting month, and increased for Lebaran. We planted these 3.5 months ago back in early March. We used to count the growth period by weeks. This time round we even count it by days. We gave the flowers 105 days to begin harvest, and 112 days for "grand harvest". Basically the latter means we'll have A LOT of flowers blooming together.

We have a greenhouse that we planted for the fasting months. We counted the days, and the beginning of harvest fell on this week, and the grand harvest as next week (22/6). We counted another greenhouse, and the beginning of harvest is suppose to fall in July - mid fasting month.

But somehow somewhat - we have begun harvesting from these two greenhouses this week! They bloom way too quickly. I am super worried because the first week of the fasting month is when the demand of flower is the lowest. But now we have a lot of flowers. And I am also worried that the greenhouse in which we planted for Hari Raya is going to bloom more quickly than the planned date.

Thankfully though, seeing the growth of the plants on the Hari Raya greenhouse, they look like they are going to bloom right before Hari Raya. I just hope we'll have enough rain and sunshine to sustain their growth, and for them to bloom right on the planned time. And not earlier like the other 2 greenhouses!

Well this is the taste of having a business that involve living things, which are affected by weather/nature. You just can't control them. It's like... When your business is a production kind of business, it's easy. You can have 3 shifts to create your product and sell them easily. For flowers, well you have to plant them, let them grow for 3 months, and then harvest them. Don't forget about the weather that can affect them. And also nature - like pests, winds, weird weather pattern and so on.

From this issue, I learned that well no matter how hard we try to control nature, to anticipate her actions and to "adapt" to her ways, I think queen nature is going to find her own paths. And sometimes I just feel that she truly knows the best. Whatever she does, is really for the best of us. Unless of course we're talking about natural disasters and so on. These are the ones that are beyond our control, and also no one wants natrual disasters to happen to us right. And yes, yet we still destroy nature and expect that she won't give her revenge to us. Hashtag humans.

Alright that's all for now. Can't believe Puasa is going to begin on Thursday! It feels like it just happened 3 months ago. Oh well, have a great week ahead everybody :)

2 comments:

purpleskies said...

Dude, you should open a floral shop in SG. cos raya my mum always buy fresh flowers to deco the house haha. hope you have a great month ahead! May the flowers bloom beautifully!

Adhi S said...

Haha come I deliver to Bedok! :P Someone was mentioning to export to Singapore hahaha but export rules are damn tight. My flowers may not make it there :P Thanks Syaz! Wishing you a smooth and blissful Ramadhan ahead too! :)