Sunday 6 September 2015

Technology

So earlier just now, I joined in Oh Wonder's live Q&A session. I've joined in several Q&A held by several artists and bands, and I thought it's a session where we post our questions on the comment section and they will reply us with the answers. And I was wrong! I didn't know that it's really a live session where they are actually live through a webcam, and we post our questions on the comment section, and they will read our questions and give the answers directly, LIVE! I'm so amazed really.

Oh Wonder is definitely one of the most inspiring singers and songwriters I've discovered. They have been releasing one song every month for a year now. And I've been following them since the beginning! I remembered discovering them in Soundcloud and after doing a bit of research, I found their Facebook and Instagram and the journey begins then. I am very happy for their debut album which was released 3 days ago. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! Probably gonna take another 2 weeks.

I didn't want to miss this chance to ask them some questions I have for them. My first question was where do they get their inspiration from. Because seriously the lyrics of their songs are so awesome! And they actually read out my name and question and answered it! This is the first time in my life that a band has answered me during a Q&A session haha. Thank you so much! So I found out that they got their inspiration from traveling and meeting people. No wonder really, traveling is an awesome way to get inspiration from! And also from the things that they encountered with.

And of course I wanna see them live so bad so I asked if there's any plans to tour to Asia (in fact a few Asian fans asked them the same question) and so they said yes they have plans to tour Asia. But I asked them specifically if they are touring Southeast Asia and Josephine said "We're coming for you Southeast Asia!" oh my goodness yay!! Haha. Come to Indonesia pleassseeee.

I am pretty amazed by technology from today's Oh Wonder live Q&A session. How all of this is possible. It feels like they are in front of us, listening to our questions and answering them! And I love how the fans seem to interact with each other too. Like for example when someone asks a question, another fan will add on another comment to the answer/question. And how this fan dropped her phone in milk and another fan told her to put her phone in rice. Such awesome feels really! It feels like we are all sitting together during the session - when in fact we are all around the world.

I really love Oh Wonder more now. They are such a sweet sweet couple and well, I'm more inspired by them now. They're friendly and just simply awesome people! I really really can't wait to receive their album. I wish I live in Europe sometimes - delivery won't take this long hah.

Alright that's all for me now. Still feeling all warm and fuzzy inside realising Josephine and Anthony replied my question just now hah. Wishing you all an awesome week ahead! It's the second week of September, have a great week people! And dear Oh Wonder CD, please come quickly! :P

No comments: