Wednesday 30 September 2015

Bye September

Can you believe it's the last day of September already! 9 months of the year, gone just like that. I swear 2015 is the fastest year that I've ever experienced in life so far. It feels like time didn't have any substance in this year. Everything just moves in its own pace but without us realising it. We are left with 3 more months of the year and I just have this feeling that these 3 months will zoom by even quicker than the previous 9. Well I've always felt the last months of the year fly faster.

I think it's too early to start my reflection for the year. I'll save the best for last haha.

Alright time to share with you the great music I discovered in September! :)

Great Music of September:
- The Morning Hills by Layur
- Brush by Oscar Key Sung
- Her Ghost by Woman's Hour
- Conversations by Woman's Hour
- Les Voiles by Poom
- Like It Here by Stars and Rabbit
- Man Upon The Hill by Stars and Rabbit
- Whole of Chvrches 2nd album
- Whole of Oh Wonder debut album

Song of the month: Clearest Blue by Chvrches

I discovered The Morning Hills by Layur, who's an Indonesian musician, from Jalan Jalan Men's video on YouTube! I love how the song literally sounds like a beautiful morning on rolling hills somewhere in Indonesia heh. I think he's a talented musician! And I am looking forward to seeing more of his work. Stars and Rabbit is a new favourite Indonesian band that I discovered earlier this month. I feel that Elda is the Bjork of Indonesia haha. I love how unique her voice is. And I think they're gonna make it big! :)

Brush by Oscar Key Sung is a nice song with a catchy beat. Just like the video, I feel like dancing freely whenever I listen to the song too haha. I discovered the song through Majestic Casual. My favourite "Indie Music" channel on Youtube, Morindie, has been organising live streams where he puts up a playlist of songs from Soundcloud as we chat the night away together with people from around the globe! Les Voiles by Poom was played on his 2nd live stream and I am just hooked! Thanks Morindie!

Discovered a new favourite band, Woman's Hour, via YouTube again! Just randomly clicked their video for "Her Ghost" on Youtube and well you have a new fan right away! I love how minimalistic and simple their songs are. Yet they feel sublime and just beautiful. They really make me fall in love with this kind of music. Simple melodies, simple instrumentation, but filled with beauty.

As mentioned previously, this month is a great month for music cause Chvrches just released their 2nd album like last Friday, and Oh Wonder debuted their album earlier this month! But I only received it last Friday too. I've been listening to Oh Wonder's songs for the past year, it feels good to have a physical format of their songs finally! I remember asking them when they will release their album and here I am owning a copy of their album haha. Time does fly indeed. One year, 12 songs, now they hav an album

I still can't describe and put into words about how much I love Chvrches' 2nd album. I love everything about it. Lauren's empowering voice, beautifully layered synths and also their impact! Not forgetting Martin's voice on 2 songs in the album. I feel their 2nd album is a better album than their debut. But well I love Bones a lot too. And I don't know, I just love them, and their 2 albums haha. You know I was listening to Bones again this evening and there's this sense of happiness, joy and pride for this favoourite electronic band of mine. I just feel so happy for them to release such a great album! :')

Alright that's all for today. 3 more months to the year. May it be a beautiful epilogue to 2015! :)

No comments: